How to change the default font of the Registry Editor in Windows 10
The latest Preview build for Windows 10 brought improvements to the Registry Editor. More precisely, the Registry Editor in Windows 10 now has the address bar. But that’s not all, you probably didn’t know that you’re also able to change the font type in the Registry Editor, and customize this tool even more.
Well, you are able to change the default font type of the Registry Editor, and the only thing you’ll need for that is the tool itself, as it requires creating a string that will change the font.
Before we begin, keep in mind that you need to run at least build 14942 of Windows 10 Preview, as this option is not available to the general public, yet. We don’t know precisely when Microsoft will introduce it to all users, but we assume it will be with the next major update for Windows 10.
How to change the Registry Editor font in Windows 10
Here’s exactly what you need to do, to change the font type in Registry Editor:
- Go to Search, type regedit, and open Registry Editor
- Paste the following Registry path in the address bar (since you can now): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
- Right-click CurrentVersion, and select New > Key.
- Name that key Regedit.
- Now, right-click Regedit, and select New > String.
- Name the String ‘FontFace’.
- Double-click on FontFace, and add the name of a font that is installed on the system as the value. If you’re not sure which font type to add, return to Search, type fonts, and open Fonts. From here, you’ll be able to find info about any font installed on your computer
- Restart the Registry Editor.
There you go, next time you open the Registry Editor, the font type will be changed.
If you have any comments, or questions, just let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 update KB3194798 fails to install, shows wrong disk storage size
- You can now remove a word from the user dictionary in Windows 10 Mobile
- You can now prevent autocorrect in Windows 10 Mobile
- Windows 10 now lets you customize gestures on precision touchpads
- Microsoft changing backup schedule for Windows 10 Mobile
Many Gears of War 5 players who tried to join ranked matches reported experiencing different issues. They keep on getting error 0x00000d6e when they trying […]
People have been dealing with Windows 10 issues since the OS was first introduced in 2015. There are many die-heart Windows fans who prefer to […]