FIX: FIFA 20 Ultimate Team starts on the wrong account
FIFA 20 players have been reporting on FIFA forums that they are having issues logging into the game with their persona:
i played on my main throughout the ea access and now it wants me to make a new club and stuff.. I were in contact with support last year about this same problem but it seems to happen
With the official launch of FIFA 20, thousands of users across both PS4 and Xbox consoles will not be able to play online or use the game’s most popular features.
These persona issues manifest themselves in several ways, including:
- The game keeps mistakenly fetches the wrong persona data tied to your EA account.
- Plenty of users are now seeing the wrong Ultimate Team, which has resulted in FIFA points being redeemed on one account but ending up in another’s Ultimate Team.
- Some users are seeing the wrong Virtual Pro.
- Users can’t play online at all
- Users can’t play Volta story, which gets stuck on the generating match report message after first game of story.
Curiously enough, this issues seems to be linked more to the way FIFA 20 is handled on consoles.
This is because the issue does not exist on the FUT Web App where the correct corresponding data is shown for each account.
More troubling is that users confirmed that the issue carries over to the full game.
What to do if your FIFA 20 has persona issues on your console
While no permanent fix is available yet, one workaround can be used to view your correct FUT club.
It doesn’t seem to allow you to play online FUT games, though.
- Go into Online Seasons on your primary account.
- Search for a game and get the error message instantly.
- Repeatedly press X on the message 20-25 times.
- Exit, and go to your desired game mode.
Your correct persona should now be detected, and you should have your correct FUT club.
This workaround will sometimes allow you to play online games in Seasons, but usually not FUT.
Keep note that this fix is only a temporary solution, as only a patch can permanently fix it.
It seems that EA has taken note of this serious issue.
They also promised players that this issue will definitely be fixed, as it is a priority issue ahead of launch.
Additionally, they promised that players will not lose any content as a result of this bug.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.