Users of Gmail on Windows have reported that for some reason, their email alias is not displayed correctly. If the Gmail email alias is wrong, then people can become confused. This can cause issues when sending emails to new contacts, as the alias is used to identify who you are.
This issue, even if it seems of small importance, can have a great impact on the way people perceive you, especially if you’re using a Gmail account to send promotional material for your brand/company.
In this article, we will explore a quick way to edit your alias information on Gmail, so that everybody will know who you are, and also help you with presenting yourself professionally through email.
What to do if Gmail alias is wrong?
Change your Gmail account settings
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click the Gear in the top right corner of your screen -> select Settings.
- Inside the Settings window, click on the Accounts and Import tab.
- Scroll down to the ‘Send mail as’ option, and click on ‘Edit info’.
- In the window that opens, select the text field under the ‘Name’, and type in your preferred alias.
- Click on Save Changes.
- Now people will be able to see the name you set in the steps above whenever they get an email from you.
In this article, we explored the fastest way to change the alias Gmail displays whenever you send an email. We hope you found this guide helpful.
Please feel free to let us know if this fixed your issue by using the comment section found below.
- Recipient Inbox Full Gmail/Outlook Error [EXPERT FIX]
- How to fix Gmail attachment errors
- How to fix “Downloading this attachment is disabled” in Gmail