- Google Chrome is currently one of the best and most popular browsers in the world.
- Fixing Chrome errors is relatively simple, and today we’ll show you what to do if your toolbar is missing in Chrome.
- To fix this issue, make sure you’re not using Chrome in full screen and check your extensions.
- This article is just a part of our Chrome hub, and if you’re looking for more useful guides, we suggest you check it out.
Google Chrome is one of the world’s most popular web browsers currently available. It is fast, efficient, has extensive add-on support, and much more.
However, it is still software, and software can always come with bugs and issues.
In the case of Google Chrome, some users have reported that their toolbar has disappeared. This problem is quite severe given that there isn’t much a user can do within Chrome without access to the toolbar.
That is why we’ve created this in-depth article so that we can provide you with all the possible fixes for this issue.
How do I make my Chrome toolbar to show again?
1. Run a virus scan
On some rare occasions, a missing toolbar can also mean that your PC is infected with malicious software. As such, running a virus scan using a good antivirus program can solve your missing toolbar issue.
2. Toggle Chrome’s fullscreen mode on and off
Chrome can be used in regular windowed mode, or it can be used in fullscreen mode. However, fullscreen mode can cause the toolbar to disappear, depending on what type of PC you own.
You can toggle fullscreen mode on and off by pressing F11.
3. Enable extension toolbars
- Launch Google Chrome
- Press the Menu button
- It looks like 3 vertical dots
- Select More Tools
- Click Extensions
- This will open a menu with all of the extensions installed on your Chrome client
- Locate the toolbar extension
- Enable the toolbar by pressing the slider next to it
- Also press Allow in Incognito
4. Enable your bookmark bar
- Launch Google Chrome
- Click the Menu icon
- Select Bookmarks
- Click Show bookmarks bar
- Additionally, this can also be done via Ctrl + Shift + B
5. Reinstall Google Chrome
If none of the solutions mentioned above can fix the missing toolbar issue, you should also consider reinstalling Google Chrome altogether. Once that is done, you should no longer have any issues.
For more guides related to Google Chrome issues, leave us a message in the comment section below.
FAQ: Learn more about Google Chrome
- How do you get the toolbar back on Google Chrome?
To get the toolbar back in Google Chrome, make sure that your extensions aren’t interfering with it. If extensions aren’t the problem, you might have to reinstall Chrome.
- Why are my extensions not showing in Chrome?
Not all extensions add a button next to the address bar in Chrome. If the extension is installed, it should appear in the Extensions page in Chrome.
- How do I make Chrome extensions visible?
To make extensions visible in Chrome, just resize the extension space in the top right corner next to the address bar in Chrome.
- How do I fix my Google Chrome extensions?
To fix your Chrome extensions, click the Menu button and choose More tools > Extensions. Now select the extension you want to fix and choose the Repair option. Alternatively, just reinstall the extension.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2020 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.