- Google Chrome is currently one of the most reliable browsers, as confirmed by users worldwide.
- Fixing Chrome errors is relatively simple, and today we’ll show you what to do if your toolbar is missing from the browser.
- To solve the issue, make sure you’re not using Chrome in full screen and check your extensions. Another option is to try out Opera instead.
- This article is just a part of our Chrome Hub. Therefore, if you’re looking for more useful guides, we suggest you check it out as well.
Google Chrome is one of the world’s most popular web browsers currently available. It is fast, efficient, has extensive add-on support, and much more.
However, it is still software, and software can always come with bugs and issues. In the case of Google Chrome, some users have reported that their toolbar has disappeared.
This problem is quite severe given that there isn’t much a user can do within Chrome without access to the toolbar.
That is why we’ve created this in-depth article so that we can provide you with all the possible fixes for this browser issue.
How do I make my Chrome toolbar to show again?
1. Try another browser
It’s not unreasonable to expect the toolbar showing in your browser. When this fails to happen on Google Chrome, make sure to try out Opera instead.
Just install it with the help of the link below and you will automatically be prompted to import all your data from the previous browser.
You can further customize Opera’s functionality with extensions. Take a peek at the weather forecast right from the browser’s toolbar if you’d like or enjoy automatic page translation.
Besides all these, keep in mind that Opera puts your privacy first – its free VPN reduces online tracking and the tracker blocker keeps you safe from analytic scripts and other new methods of data collection.
OperaIf the toolbar is not showing in Google Chrome, consider using a different browser. Opera won’t disappoint you!
2. Run a virus scan
On some rare occasions, a missing toolbar is nothing else but a clear sign that your PC is infected with malicious software.
Do note that some malware like viruses, spyware, and Trojans can easily find a way into your system even when you think that you’re protected.
As such, running a virus scan using a good antivirus such as BullGuard program can solve your missing toolbar issue in no time.
Besides easily identifying any of the previously mentioned threats, it comes with Advanced Machine Learning and malicious URL filtering.
BullGuardA top antivirus that makes sure your computer never gets infected is BullGuard. Try it out right away!
3. Toggle Chrome’s fullscreen mode on and off
Chrome can be used in regular windowed mode, or it can be used in fullscreen mode. However, the fullscreen mode can cause the toolbar to disappear, depending on what type of PC you own.
You can toggle the fullscreen mode on and off by pressing F11.
3. Enable extension toolbars
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Press the Menu button.
- It looks like 3 vertical dots.
- Select More Tools.
- Click Extensions.
- This will open a menu with all of the extensions installed on your Chrome client.
- Locate the toolbar extension.
- Enable the toolbar by pressing the slider next to it.
- Also, press Allow in Incognito.
4. Enable your bookmark bar
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click the Menu icon.
- Select Bookmarks.
- Click Show bookmarks bar.
- Additionally, this can also be done via Ctrl + Shift + B keyboard shortcut.
5. Reinstall Google Chrome
If none of the solutions mentioned above can fix the missing toolbar issue, you should also consider reinstalling Google Chrome altogether. Once that is done, you should no longer have any issues.
Have you managed to solve the issue? Don’t hesitate to leave us a message in the comments section right away.
Also, refer to the below tips whenever looking for more info regarding:
- Chrome toolbar missing – If that’s also your issue, you clearly want to get the toolbar back on Google Chrome. Try to run a quick virus scan or enable extension toolbars.
- Show toolbar in Chrome – The show toolbar in your browser, another nifty trick is to toggle Chrome’s fullscreen mode on and off.
- Toolbar in Chrome/Chrome toolbar – To easily get rid of Chrome’s toolbar, start by clicking the button with three vertical lines next to the Chrome address bar and select Settings > Extensions. Find the extension for the toolbar, and then untick the box next to Enable in order to easily turn it off.
- Google toolbar missing – Restoring a missing Google toolbar in your computer’s web browser shouldn’t take that long. Take a peek at the above tips or use Opera and you’ll never face such issues.
FAQ: Learn more about Google Chrome
- How do you get the toolbar back on Google Chrome?
To get the toolbar back in Google Chrome, make sure that your extensions aren’t interfering with it. If extensions aren’t the problem, you might have to reinstall Chrome.
- Why are my extensions not showing in Chrome?
Not all extensions add a button next to the address bar in Chrome. If the extension is installed, it should appear in the Extensions page in Chrome.
- How do I make Chrome extensions visible?
To make extensions visible in Chrome, just resize the extension space in the top right corner next to the address bar in Chrome.
- How do I fix my Google Chrome extensions?
To fix your Chrome extensions, click the Menu button and choose More tools > Extensions. Now select the extension you want to fix and choose the Repair option. Alternatively, just reinstall the extension.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in April 2020 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.