Here’s how to fix GoPro video export error code 30
GoPro is a great device, but many users reported GoPro video export error code 30 error on their PC. This can be an issue since you won’t be able to transfer your videos. In this article, we’re going to tackle this issue and show you how to fix it.
What to do if GoPro Studio won’t export video?
- Check your storage space
- Change Video Import and Export Location
- Update GoPro Studio
- Check for media corruption
- Disable power saving mode
1. Check your storage space
GoPro Studio and Quik like other video software allow you to change the default storage location on your hard drive. However, the software requires enough space on your main drive to render the temporary .avi file. In case you don’t have enough space, you might encounter GoPro video export error code 30.
To fix this, try to move some large and unnecessary files from C: drive to some other partition to free up enough storage. After freeing up some space, check if the problem is still there.
2. Change Video Import and Export Location
If you use an external hard drive to export your videos, you may want to try changing the export location of the video temporarily. In the Settings, set default export location to your internal hard drive and export the video.
If the video goes through, change the export location again to external hard drive and check for the error. This also applies to your import location. Make sure your videos are on the internal hard drive and not on your external hard drive when importing them.
3. Update GoPro Studio
If you haven’t updated the editing software recently, this might be the cause for GoPro video export error code 30. By updating the software, you can get rid of any glitches and errors.
You can update GoPro Studio directly from the update screen in the software or download the latest version from the official website.
4. Check for media corruption
The GoPro video export error code 30 can occur if any part of your video project is corrupted. One way to find out if the video is corrupted is to remove the suspicious segments from the file and then export it.
- Make sure you save the project (Save as) with a different name before making the changes.
- If the error occurs at 50%, then go to this point in your project and remove some video frames.
- Export the video. If the video exports successfully, then you have found the bad segments.
If you need to add bad frames to the project, follow these steps.
- Create a new project and add/create removed frames from the previous video and save it with a new name.
- Now open your working project and import the newly created frames and insert them into your project.
5. Update graphics card driver
Video editing software makes uses of GPU for video rendering. If your graphics card driver is outdated or incompatible with the video editing software, it may result in GoPro video export error code 30.
To update your drivers, visit the graphics card manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your model.
Alternatively, you can use third-party tools such as TweakBit Driver Updater to automatically update all outdated drivers on your system with just a couple of clicks.
Disclaimer: some functions of this tool might not be free
6. Disable power saving mode
If you are have enabled power saving mode on Windows, it may limit the use of graphics processor in order to save power. This can lead to GoPro video export error code 30, but here’s how to fix it:
- Click on the battery icon on the Taskbar.
- Drag the slider and set it to highest performance. Do the same for Plugged-in option as well.
In case you don’t see this option, follow these steps instead.
- Open Control Panel and go to Hardware and Sound.
- Click on Power Options.
- From the left pane, click on Create a power plan.
- Select High-Performance option. Enter a name for the plan like High Performance or anything you like.
- Click Next.
- Click on Create button to save the plan.
- Under Choose or customize a power plan, you should see your newly created power plan selected as the default.
- Selecting this plan will offer full power providing maximum performance during the video rendering process.
You can put the PC back to Balanced plan if you don’t need to use the PC for maximum performance. To delete any power plan, click on Change Plan settings under Choose or Customize a power plan and click Delete this plan.
GoPro video export error code 30 can be problematic, but we hope that you managed to fix it using one of our solutions. Do let us know if any of these solutions helped you fix the error on your PC in the comments.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- 5 best software for GoPro videos
- 5 useful software options that can repair MOV files easily
- 10 best video joiner software for Windows 10 to use in 2019
Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18941 (20H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring, but the update comes with some fair warnings. If you’re […]
If you’ve had enough with third-party trackers, then Privacy Badger is the perfect tool to protect your internet privacy. What is Privacy Badger and how […]