- Hamachi is a pretty good VPN but the various errors with this app can cause many PC problems.
- The elements causing these errors vary from antivirus settings to drivers or Windows Firewall.
- All you need to know about virtual private networks is in our VPN section.
- Our Tech Troubleshooting Hub can transform you into a computer wiz so take a look.
Hamachi is a useful tool, but many users reported various errors with this app on their PC. These errors can cause various problems, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix them.
Hamachi errors can cause many issues on your PC. Here are some common issues that users reported:
- Hamachi network adapter error – Can occur if the necessary virtual network driver isn’t installed. Update the adapter driver.
- Hamachi VPN error Windows 10 – Can be caused by other VPN applications. You can fix the issue simply by removing the other VPN from your PC.
- Hamachi tunnel problem Windows 10, yellow triangle – Can occur if the necessary services aren’t running. Open the Services window and restart the required services.
- Hamachi error this network does not exist, failed to connect to network adapter – The issue is most likely your firewall, so be sure to check its configuration and make sure that Hamachi is allowed to go through it.
- Hamachi error 2503, 52, 1068, 2755, code 2502 – These errors can appear due to various reasons, but you should be able to fix them using one of our solutions.
How do I fix Hamachi errors on Windows 10?
- Check your antivirus
- Update the drivers automatically
- Make sure that Hamachi service is running
- Remove problematic applications
- Reinstall Hamachi
- Install the driver manually while Hamachi is installing
- Use a different installer
- Try using an older version of Hamachi
- Disable Windows Firewall
1. Check your antivirus
According to users, the cause for Hamachi errors can be your antivirus. Sometimes your antivirus can block the VPN, so be sure to check its settings and make sure that Hamachi is allowed to run.
If this isn’t the issue, you might want to try disabling certain features or disable your antivirus altogether.
In case the problem is still there, your last option would be to remove your antivirus completely from your PC.
Even if you remove your antivirus, your PC will remain protected by Windows Defender, so there’s no need to worry about your safety.
If removing the antivirus solves your problem, this might be a good time to consider switching to a different antivirus solution.
If you’re looking for a new antivirus that won’t interfere with your system and other applications, we strongly advise that you try out Bitdefender Antivirus Plus.
This is an award-winning solution that is using the latest artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies to anticipate any threat and block it before it reaches your PC.
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus is very light on your system. In fact, instead of putting a strain on your resources, it optimizes your PC for the best possible performance whether you’re working or gaming.
Bitdefender Antivirus PlusBitdefender Antivirus Plus doesn't interfere with Hamachi or any other software and makes sure your system runs smoothly.
2. Update the drivers automatically
Sometimes Hamachi errors can be caused by missing drivers, and if you’re getting a tunneling problem or a VPN error, the issue might be the missing drivers.
You could try updating them manually by selecting every single one from Device Manager and selecting the Update driver option but that will take a lot of time and doesn’t guarantee perfect results.
The quickest and safest way to update your drivers is by using specialized software like DriverFix.
It’s very simple to use but first, you need to download and install the tool. It will run automatically and start scanning your PC for old, missing, or malfunctioning drivers.
Don’t go away because the process will only last for a couple of seconds and after that, you will receive a list with the recommended drivers to install.
Of course, you can also install only a few by checking their corresponding boxes and hitting their individual Update button from the right.
DriverFixThe Hamachi problem may disappear after using DriverFix to update all your drivers automatically.
3. Make sure that Hamachi service is running
According to users, you can encounter various Hamachi errors simply if the required services aren’t running. Many users reported tunneling and VPN error in Hamachi, and in most cases you can fix these issues simply by restarting the Hamachi services. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Open the Services window. The fastest way to do that is to press Windows Key + R and enter services.msc. Now press Enter or click OK.
- When the Services window opens locate and double-click the Hamachi Tunneling Engine service.
- When the Properties window opens, click the Stop button to stop the service. Wait for a couple of moments and then click the Start button. Click Apply and OK to save changes.
According to users, this simple solution fixed the tunneling and VPN error with Hamachi, so we encourage you to try it out.
4. Remove problematic applications
If you’re having Hamachi errors, such as the tunneling problem or the VPN error, the issue might be caused by third-party software.
Sometimes VPN clients can interfere with Hamachi and that can lead to this and many other problems.
To fix the problem, it’s advised to find and remove your current VPN client. Users reported that Dell VPN client caused this problem to appear, but after removing it, the issue was resolved.
Bear in mind that other software can cause this issue to appear, and not just your VPN client.
If your VPN client was the problem, you should consider using a different VPN client. If you want a good and user-friendly VPN client that won’t interfere with your system, we strongly suggest that you try out Private Internet Access.
This great tool will protect your online identity even from your ISP and keep you safe even on public Wi-Fi networks.
Private Internet Access will provide you with a different IP and that is a gateway for other content from all the on-demand video platforms like HBO GO, Amazon Prime Video, or Netflix.
Private Internet Access has a 30-day money-back guaranteed policy and offers 2 months for free!
Private Internet AccessIf you want the best, buffering free VPN, Private Internet Access will check all the boxes and more!
5. Reinstall Hamachi
This is fairly simple to do, but in order to completely reinstall Hamachi, it’s advised that you use uninstaller software.
In case you don’t know, uninstaller software such as IObit Uninstaller can completely remove the desired application from your PC.
Unlike the regular uninstall process, the uninstaller software will remove all files and registry entries associated with Hamachi.
After Hamachi is completely removed, it will be as if it was never installed on your PC. Now you just have to download and install the latest version and the issue should be completely resolved.
IObit Uninstaller 10 ProIObit Uninstaller will remove any trace of Hamachi and will make sure that you can perform a fresh install with just a few clicks.
6. Install the driver manually while Hamachi is installing
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
- Locate LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Ethernet Adapter, right-click it, and choose Update driver from the menu.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Now head over to the Hamachi installation directory, by default it should be:
C:Program Files (x86)LogMeIn Hamachi
Note: Once you select this directory, your PC should scan it and install the missing driver. Once that is done, the latest driver will be installed and the installation will complete successfully.
Bear in mind that you’ll need to update the driver quickly in order for this to work, so it might be a good idea to have the Device Manager open while installing Hamachi.
7. Use a different installer
This is an unusual cause, but several users reported that they fixed the problem simply by removing Hamachi and using the different setup file to install it.
Users claim that they downloaded the installer from a different source that is not Hamachi’s official website, and by doing so the problem was resolved.
We don’t know how reliable this method is, but many users claim that it works, so feel free to try it out.
8. Try using an older version of Hamachi
In some instances, Hamachi errors can appear if you’re using the latest version. When it comes to software, usually it’s a good practice to use the latest software since it offers the latest features and updates.
However, sometimes certain features can be buggy, and that can lead to this and many other errors. To fix this problem, some users suggested to roll back to the older version of Hamachi and check if that helps.
To do that, remove the current version and then download and install the older version. To find an older version, you might have to use third-party sources.
Once you download the older version, install it, and check if that solves your problem.
Bear in mind that Hamachi will check for the latest version once you install it, so be sure to prevent it from downloading the latest updates.
9. Disable Windows Firewall
- Search for windows firewall and select Windows Defender Firewall from the list.
- Click on Advanced settings from the menu on the left.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall Properties.
- Go to the Domain Profile tab and set Firewall state to Off.
- Go to the Private Profile and Public Profile tabs and do the same. Lastly, click Apply and OK to save changes
Note: Disabling the firewall isn’t the best choice in terms of safety, but if Hamachi works after you do that, the issue is probably related to one of your firewall settings, so you’ll need to manually find and change it.
Several users reported that port 25565 was the problem, so to fix this issue, be sure that the port 25565 is open on the Incoming rules page. After making this change, the problem should be resolved and Hamachi will start working again.
Hamachi errors can cause many problems on your PC, but in most cases, these problems are caused by your firewall settings, corrupted installation, or other applications.
However, we hope that you managed to fix this problem by using one of our solutions and if you have any addition, leave us a note in the comments section below.