- HBO Max is a streaming service that offers users access to HBO’s extensive library of shows, movies, and documentaries.
- It is available on select devices and platforms and can be purchased as a standalone subscription or bundled with a traditional HBO subscription.
- However, HBO Max not allowing downloads is a problem faced by several of its users and can be fixed easily.
HBO Max is available on select devices and platforms and can be purchased as a standalone subscription or bundled with a traditional HBO subscription. However, HBO Max not allowing downloads is a problem faced by several of its users.
If you are having problems with the HBO Max app not allowing downloads, there are a few things you can try, as discussed in this article. Try and use them to resolve your issue.
Why does HBO Max disallow downloads?
There are a few reasons why HBO Max does not allow users to download shows or movies:
- One reason is that it would take up a lot of storage space on users’ devices.
- Another reason is that it would be easy for users to share downloaded content with others, which would violate copyright laws.
- Finally, HBO Max wants users to watch shows and movies on their platform so that they can continue to generate revenue from advertising.
What can I do if HBO Max is not allowing downloads?
1. Check your internet connection
- Visit fast.com to check the speed of your internet.
- If slow, change your connection or contact your ISP.
2. Update the HBO Max app
- Open Microsoft Store on your device.
- Click the Library icon at the bottom left side of the screen.
- Scroll down to HBO Max and select Update.
- Once the update is downloaded, click the Open button to launch HBO Max.
3. Restart your device
- Click the Windows Start button and select the Power button.
- Select Restart, wait for your computer to start, and then open the HBO Max app.
4. Clear the HBO Max or your browser cache
- On Google Chrome, click the three dots menu on the top right.
- Select More tools and then Clear browsing data.
- Select All time on the time range option at the top.
- Tick the checkbox on Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files, and then select the Clear data button at the bottom.
5. Uninstall and reinstall the app
- Press the Windows + I key combination to launch Settings and then select Apps.
- Search for HBO Max or scroll down to the app and then click on it.
- Click on the Uninstall button and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the app.
- Visit the Microsoft Store and then reinstall the app.
If you want to make sure that the app is properly uninstalled, then we recommend you use CCleaner. This software lets you see a list of all your installed programs and allows you to uninstall them, even if they are the built-in type, without leaving any unwanted files behind.
How do I download shows or movies on HBO Max?
In an effort to compete with streaming giants Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney Plus, Warner Bros. established the standalone streaming service, HBO Max. A wider selection of programming is available on HBO Max, including HBO originals, Max originals, and more.
Additionally, because you might wish to watch HBO Max while traveling or in an area with spotty internet, this service enables you to download HBO Max movies and series to your device and view them offline.
The HBO Max app, which is available for download on smartphones and tablets, is the quickest and most straightforward way to download content from HBO Max for offline viewing. You can download shows or movies on HBO Max by going to the My Stuff section and selecting the download icon next to the title.
If none of the solutions here work, you may need to contact customer support. In the comments section below, let us know which way worked for you. Feel free to comment about any other solutions as well.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.