- HBO GO is an extremely popular on-demand streaming service available on almost every platform.
- If you prefer streaming your favorite show on a browser, we recommend the best ones in this guide.
- Browsers became indispensable from our devices. Read more about them by exploring our Browsers page.
- Our Web & Cloud Hub offers expert guidance about cloud storage, streaming, and more tools and services.
HBO GO is an amazing streaming service that lets you watch your favorite HBO shows on almost any device.
Some users prefer using their web browser for multimedia, and if that’s the case with you, today we’ll show you the best browsers to watch HBO GO.
What are the best browsers for watching HBO GO?
The first item on our list is the Opera browser. This browser comes with low hardware requirements, so it will leave more than enough hardware power for streaming.
Thanks to the built-in ad blocker, the hardware usage is even lower, and your multimedia content will load up to 90% faster.
The browser also has a battery saver feature that can give you up to an extra hour of battery life.
It’s worth mentioning that Opera supports customization, allowing you to easily tweak your start page with various news feeds.
If you use it for multimedia, you’ll be pleased to hear that Opera has a video pop-out feature that lets you watch videos in a separate mini window while working on other tasks.
Notable Opera features:
- Built-in VPN with unlimited bandwidth
- Screenshot tool
- Available on all major desktop and mobile platforms
- Ability to easily share files and links between devices with Opera Flow
- Advanced tab organization with workspaces
Opera is the number 1 browser for streaming thanks to its low hardware requirements and built-in ad blocker!
If you want to watch HBO GO, Microsoft Edge might be the right tool for the job. Edge was recently completely revamped, and it now has a variety of new and exciting features.
Edge has a native 4K support for streaming, but this feature only works with Netflix at the moment.
Although Edge was previously exclusively available on Windows 10, the revamped version can work with older builds as well.
That’s not all, the new version is also available on macOS, iOS, and Android. It also has better privacy control and protection, so you can choose what kind of tracking cookies you want to block.
Notable Edge features:
- New and sleek interface based on Chromium engine
- Support for Chrome extensions
- Ability to customize your home page
- Immersive Reader
- Built-in malware protection
Chrome needs no introduction since it’s currently one of the most popular browsers in the world. The browser is great for multimedia, especially if you’re using Chromecast devices.
Thanks to the native Chromecast support, you can easily stream content from your PC or phone to any Chromecast device.
As for additional features, we have to mention thousands of available extensions that let you customize and enhance your browser.
Speaking of customization, Chrome allows you to easily customize your start page with various themes.
Regarding performance, this browser is optimized for multitasking and it can handle multiple tabs easily.
Notable Chrome features:
- Available on all major desktop and mobile platforms
- Built-in password manager
- Native translation feature that can cover entire pages
- Protection against malicious websites
If you’re looking for a multimedia browser, then Torch might be the perfect choice for you. The browser has a Music feature that allows you to access your favorite music and YouTube videos without leaving your current tab.
The browser fully supports Drag and Drop for navigation, so you can easily perform searches or share files simply by dragging and dropping.
Speaking of sharing, the browser has an integrated sharing feature that works with Facebook and Twitter.
Torch Browser also has its own download manager that will make your downloads faster. Lastly, there’s also a Facelift feature that will completely redesign your Facebook page.
Notable Torch features:
- Can work as a torrent client
- Built-in games
- Built-in multimedia player
- Ability to download any multimedia content
If you’re looking for a browser that works with HBO GO, but at the same time protects your privacy, you should consider Firefox.
This browser is completely open-source, and since it’s made by a non-profit organization, it won’t sell your browsing data to third parties.
Regarding multimedia, Firefox has a pop-out video player that lets you watch videos while working on different tasks. As for privacy, there’s Enhanced Tracking Protection that can block more than 2000 different trackers.
Firefox also lets you store your passwords, but you can easily access them on any platform with the Firefox Lockwise app.
Notable Firefox features:
- Hundreds of available extensions
- Ability to inform you if your account is compromised in a data breach
- Customizable user interface
- Available on all desktop and mobile platforms
- Synchronization feature
These are our top picks for browsers that work with HBO GO. Did you find our list useful? Is so, let us know in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
HBO GO is available on all platforms, both mobile and desktop. You can watch it on your computer from any web browser. Simply log in to HBO GO, pick your show and you’re good to go.
If you can’t stream HBO GO, the problem might be your Internet connection. Restart your connection and try again. Also, be sure to clear the browser cache.
If HBO GO keeps crashing, there might be a problem with your app or Internet connection. To fix the issue, try resetting the HBO GO app or switch your web browser to Opera.
You can’t get HBO for free, but HBO GO offers a free 7-day trial. Once the trial has ended, you’ll need to purchase a subscription in order to use it.