- Users have been searching for a way to customize their computer desktop and hide the Recycle Bin on Windows 11.
- If you permanently delete files that you don't need, you might not even use this Windows feature.
- You can hide not only the Recycle Bin icon but also other desktop icons in just a few seconds.
- In that regard, all you have to do is to use the Settings app as described in the procedure below.
Some say it’s the best Windows version yet, some say they’re waiting for the final version to make a decision, but everyone is looking to find out more about its features and how to enjoy it.
And to make things easier for those who need a little customization here and there, today we’ll show you how to keep your desktop clean and hide the Recycle Bin icon.
What is the purpose of the Recycle Bin?
The Recycle Bin is a location where deleted items such as folders and even shortcuts are temporarily stored. It occupies a predetermined amount of storage space on your computer’s hard disk but that can be adjusted to your needs.
You can delete unwanted files manually or with the help of your keyboard. Moreover, there are some excellent Recycle Bin cleaners worthy of your attention.
How do I hide the Recycle Bin on my Windows 11?
1. Use the Settings app
- Press the Window + I keys to open the Settings app.
- Select the Personalization option.
- Click on Themes.
- Go to Desktop icon settings.
- A window containing desktop icons will open. Here, unselect the checkbox next to the Recycle Bin to hide it.
- Now click on Apply to save the settings, and then press OK.
2. Remove the Recycle Bin using Run
- Open the Desktop Icon Settings window by presssing Windows + R keys and typing the following command: desk.cpl ,,5
- This simple command will open the Desktop Icon Settings interface.
- As before, uncheck the Recycle Bin option.
- Click on Apply, then OK to save the settings.
Note that while here, you can customize your desktop to your liking. Those who want to have a clean desktop can hide all desktop icons. As for others who want everything on display, they can choose to do so just by following the steps from above.
If you’re interested in more information about the new OS and all its new features, you should take a look at how Windows 11 compares to Windows 10.
Do you prefer to have the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop or hide every icon on sight? Don’t hesitate to tell us in the comments section below.