Ubisoft is probably one of the biggest gaming publishers on the market today.
They have plenty of well-known titles under their belt, and their own desktop client to act as a game launcher and library manager.
This client is known as Uplay, and while it may not be the most stable program of its type, it does a pretty good job.
However, many users have been complaining on the official forums that they are having problems updating their games through Uplay.
hi guys today i was going to play R6, but when i was starting the game uplay started to look for patches and it said it could not update, so i ignored and started playing the game. is this happening to someone?
Other users stated that whenever they pressed the Update button that’s right under the game‘s icon within Uplay, nothing would happen.
However, if they try to verify the game‘s files, it will fail to validate the game.
How do I update my Uplay games?
Keep note that this is more of a workaround rather than an official fix, so make sure you make a backup of your game‘s install files before trying this.
- Go to the install location of your Uplay games
- This location varies depending on where you chose to install Uplay
- Rename the folder of the game that you cannot update into something else, but do NOT delete it
- Launch Uplay
- In your list of installed games, the game which you renamed should now be missing from your library
- Proceed to look for the game in your game‘s list and click on Download
- Before pressing Continue after you chose the install location, go back to your Uplay folder and rename the game back to what it used to be
- Now return to the install wizard and click Continue
- Now instead of downloading the files, Uplay will discover the ones already installed
- Uplay will now finish downloading whatever update was NOT installed until that very moment.
- Launch the game
If you follow these steps, you should be able to successfully update pretty much any Uplay game.
An alternative solution would be to download the game through Steam instead since most Ubisoft games can be found there as well.
However, keep in mind that there are some incompatibilities between Uplay and Steam and that a Ubisoft game downloaded through Steam can only be handled through Steam.
More so, before trying any of these solutions, check to see if you have the disk space to spare.
This is because a lot of Ubisoft titles have patches that are quite big.
RELATED ARTICLES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- Uplay can’t recognize your password? Try this
- Can’t add friends to Uplay? Here’s what you should do
- Troubles with your Uplay login? Here’s what you can do