- If sound is not working on your HP Envy laptop, it will certainly affect your experience as a whole, and it's imperative that you resolve the issue.
- To fix it, you can try running the built-in troubleshooter, update the driver, amongst other methods listed here.
- Also, find out what to do if the USB port is not working in HP Envy.
Issues with the audio input and output are common in computers, but these are generally easily fixable. With the right approach, you can get things up and running in no time. In this guide, we will tell you what to do when the HP Envy x360 sound is not working.
The problem generally arises due to misconfigured settings, an outdated driver, conflicting applications, amongst other issues. Though, identifying the underlying cause is the real challenge here.
So, it’s best that you execute the methods listed below in the same sequence to fix the HP Envy x360 sound not working issue.
What do I do when sound is not working on HP Envy x360?
1. Run Playing Audio troubleshooter
- Press Windows + I to launch Settings, and click on the Troubleshoot option on the right in the System tab.
- Next, click on Other troubleshooters to view all the available options.
- Now, locate the Playing Audio troubleshooter, and then click on the Run button next to it.
The built-in troubleshooters are quite effective at eliminating most of the issues leading to sound not working in HP Envy x360. So, it’s best you first try running the troubleshooter, and then move to the other methods if it doesn’t work.
2. Update the sound driver
- Press Windows + S to launch the Search menu, enter Device Manager in the text field, and click on the relevant search result.
- Double-click on the Sound, video and game controllers entry to expand and view the devices under it.
- Right-click on the Realtek audio, and select Update driver from the context menu.
- Finally, select Search automatically for drivers in the Update Drivers window.
- Your system will now scan for the best available driver on the drive, and install it.
The update process here should be quick, but if you are unable to install the latest version using the Device Manager, you can try the other ways to update the driver.
Or, you can use a third-party app and sit back and relax while it does the work for you. We recommend using DriverFix, a dedicated tool that automatically installs the latest version for all available drivers on your computer.
After updating the driver, check if the sound is now working in HP Envy x360.
3. Perform a system restore
If the fixes listed above have not worked, you can perform a system restore to get things up and running. The idea behind it is to take your system back to a point where the error didn’t exist.
You will notice several changes after the restore, but the personal files won’t be affected. In case performing a restore doesn’t manage to eliminate the sound not working issue in HP Envy x360, reset Windows 11 to its factory settings.
One of the above methods must have helped fix the sound problem, and you should have it working now. Also, if you are facing a problem with a USB speaker, it could be that the USB port is not working on HP Envy.
Tell us which fix worked and your experience with the HP Envy x360, in the comments section below.