5 best image resizer tools for Windows PC users
While image resolutions of several thousand pixels are best for printing and viewing in high quality, it can be problematic for distribution, storage, and uploads. The logical solution is to shrink your photos to a lower resolution or convert them to a more size efficient format. This lets you share your files with others, upload to the web, or keep them on your device, courtesy of freeware tools to help you resize multiple images. These are the best image resizer tools for Windows.
If you are in the habit of uploading tons of photos to social media, then FILEminimizer Pictures is the right tool for you. It used to be a shareware, now it is a free tool for personal consumption. It primarily works to convert large images from various formats to a compressed JPEG version. That means you can then send the converted files over the internet. However, it is unable to process an entire folder at once. The tool also limits the number of images you can resize to only 500. There is an option to select the output quality using a three-step slider.
- JPEG file compression by up to 98% – reduce your JPEG files from 5MB to 0.1MB in size
- Also compresses BMP, GIF, TIFF, PNG and EMF images and pictures
- Keeps the original file format – simply edit, view and change it without the need to unzip
- Compress whole digital photo albums and galleries at once using a batch process
- Choose the most adequate compression level from 4 different options
- Facebook integration compress your photos and upload them directly to Facebook
- Integrated search function finds all optimizable image files on the PC
- “Drag & Drop” files directly into FILEminimizer Pictures to optimize several files at once
- Fully compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 10
High Quality Photo Resizer
High Quality Photo Resizer provides an easy step for batch resizing of images. The tool allows you to create high quality small photos for distribution on the internet or for sharing with friends and family. To process images, choose the files or folders in question and select where to save the output.
It supports various input formats including BMP, DIB, EMF, GIF, ICB, JPG, JPEG, PBM, PCD, PCX, PGM, PNG, PPM, PSD, PSP, RLE, SGI, TGA, TIF, TIFF, VDA, VST, WBMP, WMF. Output formats supported include JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIF, TGA, WMF, EMF.
High Quality Photo Resizer features 37 special effects that can be applied to the images including blur, sharpen, emboss and negative. The tool is compatible with Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista and Windows 7 x32 and x64.
Plastiliq ImageResizer is another easy-to-use tool for batch converting and resizing of images in various formats including BMP, PNG, JPG and TIFF. You can alter an image’s width, height, fit, percentage and the current desktop resolution using the tool. There are options as well to leave smaller files as is, change date and time attributes, overwrite existing files, and configure the JPG compression ratio.
- Convert images. Support of many popular image formats: JPEG, JPG, PNG, BMP and TIFF.
- Resize images. 7 useful modes including Width and Height, Width, Height, Percentage, Fit and Desktop.
- Improved drag & drop. Support for drag & drop for files and folders (including subfolders). Support for drag & drop for files shortcuts and folders shortcuts.
- Easy–to–use. Drag & drop mouse operations, image previews, tooltips and other useful features.
- Quick start. See our compact and illustrated User Guide for more details.
Plastiliq ImageResizer is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7.
FastStone Photo Resizer
FastStone Photo Resizer is an image converter tool that that also lets you rename, resize, crop, rotate, change color depth, and add text and watermarks to images in batches. It supports drag and drop mouse operation. The renaming function is especially helpful if you want to only organize the naming of files instead of resizing them. The tool includes its own file browser. It has a wide array of supported image formats including Photoshop PSD files and ICO icon files, which are not found in many other batch image converters.
- Convert and Rename images in batch mode
- Support JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF and JPEG2000
- Resize, crop, change color depth, apply color effects, add text, watermark and border effects
- Rename images with sequential number
- Search and replace texts in the file names
- Preview conversion and renaming
- Support folder/non-folder structure
- Load and save settings
The tool’s installer and portable versions are available and compatible with Windows 98 up to Windows 7.
Fotosizer packs a combination of easy-to-use features and a wide selection of custom or preset resizing options. Other options include special effects such as black and white, sepia, and negative. You can also flip and rotate images and keep JPEG Exif or Xmp tags. The output file formats include BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF and TIF.
Batch Resizing and optimization
- Easily set resizing options by choosing between resizing modes that correspond to how you want to resize your photos.
- Choose to resize by percentage of width and height
- Choose to set custom width and height
- Resize by choosing one side of the image only and automatically resize the other side.
- Make all of your photos the same size regardless of their dimensions by adding padding, using the Pad resize mode.
- Maintain aspect ratio
- Choose where the resized images will be saved
- Resize portrait and landscape photos at the same time.
- Resize quickly and easily using a preset list of sizes including iPod, iPhone, and Sony PSP screen sizes.
- Crop images.
- Apply PNG image optimization.
- Flip image vertically
- Flip image horizontally
- Rotate 90 degrees Counter Clockwise
- Rotate 90 degrees Clockwise
- Auto rotate by Camera orientation information (EXIF) (Professional Edition)
Change the visual appearance of your photos by using Fotosizer’s effects:
- Black & White
Copy EXIF camera information
Copy EXIF information (JPEG), copies information stored with the photo to the resized photo such as:
- Camera model
- Shutter speed
- Date picture taken
- Equipment make
- Save all settings into profiles
- Reload settings profiles to quickly use common settings
- Delete settings profiles
- Save settings into existing profiles or create new profiles
- Revert back to Fotosizer default settings easily
- Easily revert back to the last settings you used
- Add a single image or a selection of images
- Add images from a folder
- Include sub folders when adding from a folder
- Shows thumbnail preview list of images due to be resized
- Shows details such as filename, original file size, file type of images due to be resized
- Drag and drop files or folders from Windows Explorer straight into Fotosizer.
- Apply text watermarks to images
- Apply image watermarks to images
- Choose text, formatting, colour, position, rotation and opacity of watermarks
- Add symbols and parameterised text such as filename, date, etc. as watermarks
- Choose single colour of gradient colours
- Choose outline colour, outline size and shadow colour and shadow size of text watermarks
- Choose to set a background colour for text watermarks.
- Choose to apply rounded corners to all, or a choice of corners on the images
- Choose corner radius size for the rounded corners
- Choose the background colour for the rounder corners
- Apply Brightness changes to images
- Apply Contrast changes to images
- Apply changes to image Hue levels
- Apply changes to image colour saturation levels
- Automatically adjust white balance on the images
- Batch rename using parameters
- Include index numbers of photos in the filenames using %N parameter
- Ability to choose starting number for %N indexing
- Include a wide variety of parameters such as date, dimensions, folder name, existing filename
- Choose when and if updates to Fotosizer are installed.
- Updates to Fotosizer are downloaded and installed automatically, not requiring you to manually download. (Fotosizer Professional)
- Checks for updates in the background while you are using Fotosizer allowing you to continue using.
If you have other tools to suggest, let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Best image compression software for Windows 10
- 9 best image optimization software for PC
- Batch watermark software: The best tools to protect your images online
To make the most of every day, you need to be organized. In this way, you will have almost everything under control. Using a schedule […]
Most of us have a wireless connection in our home, but many users reported that their home network won’t show up in the list of […]
If you’re trying to install the latest HP updates on your Windows 10 computer but error code 0x800703e3 keeps on popping up, you’ve come to the […]