Instagram is a popular mobile video/photo sharing and social networking service that allows users to take videos and pictures and share them either privately or publicly. At the same time, the application comes with a simple user interface, which will make life easier for new users.
The Instagram application for Windows 10 has just been updated and it can now be installed on both tablets and PCs. It is good to know that the new Instagram application is almost identical to the mobile version.
However, it seems that posting a photo or video content on Instagram from a tablet or PC that runs on Windows 10 will be limited to devices with backwards facing camera and touchscreens (such as the Surface Pro line and Surface Book). This is mostly because the user interface of Instagram is influenced by the smartphone application design.
Here are more features that the Instagram application for tablets and PCs running on Windows 10 comes with:
- Post and edit photos – Instagram makes sharing moments with everyone in your world easy, speedy, and fun.
- Stories – Stories from people you follow will appear in a row at the top of Feed.
- Instagram Live Tile – Find out what your friends and family are up to at a glance.
- Rich, native notifications – You will receive the notifications you want to see so that you don’t miss important updates.
- Instagram Direct – Instagram Direct lets you exchange threaded messages with one or more people, and share posts you see in Feed as a message.
- Full featured Search, Explore, Profile, and Feed.
It seems that Instagram is getting more and more popular and now the company wants to expand its services on any platform.
Are you using Instagram to share your videos and photos with your friends? Tell us your thoughts about this social network!
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- InstaPic brings Instagram stories on your Windows 10 PC
- Logitech SmartDock is a new meeting room console for Surface Pro 4
- Windows 10 Redstone 2 to get Flow feature