- Instagram stuck on posting issues can occur due to poor connectivity or cache issues.
- Check out the article below to read how to delete stuck Instagram stories from your phone.
- Explore our Troubleshooting section for extensive troubleshooting guides.
- Don't hesitate to explore our detailed Web & Cloud hub for more comprehensive guides.
Instagram’s Stories was an instant hit when it was rolled out for mobile users. So much so that other social media and streaming apps borrowed the idea and implemented the same.
However, sometimes you may encounter the Instagram story stuck on posting issues.
Despite posting the story, Instagram will show the posting spinning symbol even after hours. Fortunately, you can fix this issue with a couple of troubleshooting steps.
In this article, we explore a few quick troubleshooting steps to help you fix the Instagram story stuck on posting issues.
How can I delete a stuck Instagram stories post?
1. Disable mobile data/WiFi
- Pull down the notification drawer from the top.
- If you are using cellular data, turn off Mobile data.
- If you are using a WiFI, tap to turn off the WiFi connection.
- Press the recent apps/multitasking button on your phone.
- Swipe left/right/up to close the Instagram app.
- Relaunch the Instagram app and open the Stories section.
- There you should see a Try again message.
- Tap the three-dots next to it, and select Delete.
Needless to say, use the Save button if you don’t have the photo saved in your gallery. Make sure to turn off both WiFi and Cellular connection if you have both working.
Switch to a different network
At times, the issue could be just because of poor connectivity issues. If you are using mobile data, try connecting to a nearby hotspot at home or office. If you don’t have a WiFi hotspot, use your friend’s or colleague’s smartphone to create a hotspot.
Switching to a different network, preferably using mobile data, seems to have fixed the issue or many users.
2. Enable Airplane mode
- Pull the notification drawer from the top of your screen.
- Locate and tap on the Airplane mode.
- Enabling the Airplane mode will disable cellular connection as well as your WiFi and hotspot.
- Once you have it on Airplane mode, close the Instagram app.
- Open Instagram again and go to your stories section.
- Tap on three dots next to Try again.
- Select Delete.
Once you have deleted the story, you can repost without any issues. Make sure to turn off disable Airplane mode to enable your cellular network.
3. Clear app data and cache
- Close the Instagram app if it is open.
- On your Android phone, tap on Settings.
- Tap on Apps / Application Manager.
- Search for and open the Instagram app.
- Scroll down and tap on Storage.
- Tap on Clear cache.
- Next, tap on Clear Data. Confirm the action by tapping again on OK.
Once the data and cache are cleared, open Instagram, and log in to your account. Clearing the data will also delete the problematic story and allow you to post new stories.
4. Update / Reinstall the app
- Open Play Store on your Android device or Apps Store on an iOS device.
- Search for and open Instagram.
- Tap on Update to install pending updates.
Once the updates are installed, restart your Phone. Launch Instagram and check your stories section for any improvements.
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and open Apps.
- Search and open Instagram from the list of installed apps.
- Tap on Uninstall.
- Tap on Uninstall and then tap OK to confirm.
- Once the app is uninstalled, open Google Play Store.
- Search for Instagram and install the app.
- Open Settings.
- Go to General.
- Select iPhone Storage.
- Tap on Instagram.
- Tap on Delete App.
- Once delete, download and install the app again from the Apps Store.
If your Instagram story is stuck on posting, it could be due to a poor connecting issue or a temporary glitch. The above-listed steps should help you fix the issue in no time.