- When it comes to social networks, Facebook and Instagram are the largest ones on the market.
- The two networks can work together, but many reported that Instagram isn’t sharing posts to Facebook, so today we’re going to show you how to fix it.
- We covered Instagram in the past, and for more fixes, check our other Instagram error articles.
- Looking for more articles like this one? Our Web Apps Hub is a great place to start.
Instagram and Facebook are the largest social networks on the market, and since they are owned by the same company, they can also work together.
However, many users reported that Instagram is not sharing to Facebook for them. This can be a problem, but there’s a way to fix it, and in this article, we’ll show you how to do it.
What do I do if Instagram is not sharing to Facebook?
1. Make sure that your Facebook account is linked properly
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Now tap the three-bar icon in the top right corner and choose Settings.
- Navigate to Linked Accounts.
- If Facebook isn’t selected, select it, and enter your Facebook login information.
2. Log out of Facebook and Instagram
- Log out of your Facebook account on your device.
- Now log out of Instagram as well.
- After logging out from both services, wait for a minute or two.
- Now log back into Facebook and wait for a minute.
- Log back to Instagram.
After doing that, the problem with Instagram posts not showing on Facebook will be resolved.
3. Unlink Facebook
- On the Instagram app on your phone, go to Settings > Linked Accounts.
- Select Facebook and tap on Unlink.
- Wait for a minute or two.
- Now link your Facebook account again.
4. Clear cache and data for Instagram and Facebook apps on your phone
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Go to Apps.
- Select Facebook or Instagram.
- Now tap on Storage.
- Tap on Clear cache.
- Be sure to do this for both Facebook and Instagram apps.
If Instagram posts still are not sharing to Facebook, repeat the steps from above, but this time use the Clear data option.
This will delete all saved data related to these apps, so you’ll have to log in again to both of them.
If Instagram is not sharing to Facebook, the problem is usually just a glitch with linking the two accounts.
However, you should be able to fix that by properly linking your account or by logging out of both Facebook and Instagram and logging back in.