Fix: Trying to Install Photoshop CS2 ‘Error 1926’ in Windows
How to fix Photoshop CS2 installation ‘Error 1926’?
- Run Photoshop CS2 as Administrator
- Fix your Registry
- Change ‘owner’ settings from Advanced Settings
- Common Photoshop errors and their fixes (links)
When trying to install Photoshop CS2 in your new Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 you might have gotten the error message “1926 Could not set security for file C:windows Error:0”. Although this is not a common issue for the Photoshop CS2 app you will get a detailed explanation and how to fix your Photoshop CS2 within the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 operating system.
Seems that if you run this installation using administrator account it still won’t work in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 therefore we will be doing the installation first with the “Run as Administrator” feature in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 and also modify some registry values inside the system with the help of an app to get your Photoshop CS2 installed.
Tutorial on how to install Photoshop CS2 if it gives you the error 1926 in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
1. Run Photoshop CS2 as Administrator
- Go to the directory where you have the Photoshop CS2 executable file.
- Right click on the file.
- From the menu that pops up left click or tap on the “Run as Administrator” feature.
- Left click or tap on the “Yes” button if you are prompt by a user account control message.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the installation process.
- Reboot the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device
- Check to see if your Photoshop CS2 application is working in your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 now.
2. Fix your registry
- Left click or tap on the link posted below.
- Left click here to download.
- Select the “Save File” feature to download the app.
- After the download has finished go to the directory where the executable file was saved and right click on it.
- Left click or tap on the “Run as Administrator” feature.
- After the app has opened follow the instructions to complete the registry fix process.
3. Change ‘owner’ settings from Advanced Settings
- Open the Computer window.
- Open the “C:” partition or wherever partition you have your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 system installed.
- Right click on the “Windows” folder.
- Left click or tap on the “Properties” feature.
- Now that you have the Properties windows in front of you, left-click or tap on the “Share” tab.
- Left click or tap on the “Advanced Security” button you have in the “Share” menu.
- Left click or tap on the “Change” option you have there.
- Left click or tap on the “Advanced” button.
- Left click or tap on the “Find Now” button.
- Left click or tap on your user to select it from the list that appears.
- Left click or tap on the “OK” button.
- Left click or tap on the “OK” button again.
- Check the box next to: “Replace owner on subcontainers and objects”
- Left click or tap on the “Apply” button to save your changes.
- Left click or tap on the “OK” button if you are prompt by a user account control message.
- Now close all the windows you have open.
- Go again and try opening the “Photoshop CS2” application by right-clicking on it and selecting the “Run as Administrator” feature again.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the installation.
4. Common Photoshop errors and their fixes (links)
Many Photoshop users may have other errors while using this tool. If you are one of the users that has encountered Photoshop crashes, or problems with the font size, or even some kernel-related errors. Do not worry if you have such issues as we have some fixing guides with many fixes explained step-by-step. Here are some of the most common Photoshop problems:
- How to fix Photoshop crashes when printing in Windows 10
- Full Fix: Kernel security check failure in Photoshop on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- There’s Now a Fix for Lags in Photoshop and Illustrator on Surface Book
- How to fix font size problems in Photoshop
This is all you have to do in order to get your Photoshop CS2 app installed on your new Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device. If you run into any more trouble along the way you can write us below in the comments section of the page and we will help you further with this issue.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in February 2015 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Nvidia GeForce Experience is a useful application, but many users reported error code 0x0001 while using Nvidia GeForce Experience. Today we’ll take a look at […]
IPad owners where left frustrated after Skype dropped support for earlier versions of iOS. When trying to install Skype on their iPads, an error message […]
Many Windows 10 users reported not being able to run WebGL supported websites. Error message WebGL is not supported pops up disallowing 2D and 3D […]