The iTunes client for Windows 10 allows the iPhone users to manage their media files and updates from the Windows computer. However, some users have reported that after updating their iTunes client, the app has stopped working. If you try to launch the app, iTunes only shows the loading icon but does not launch properly.
Why iTunes won’t open on Windows 10? Start by repairing iTunes. By repairing the client, you should be able to get it to work. Alternatively, you should launch iTunes as Administrator or check for hardware/software conflicts.
Read about the detailed instructions below.
iTunes won’t open windows 10
- Repair iTunes
- Launch iTunes as Administrator
- Check for Hardware / Software Conflict
- Other Fixes to Try
1. Repair iTunes
iTunes comes with a built-in option to repair the corrupted or missing system files in case an issue occurs with the software. You can run the repair tool from the Control Panel. Here is how to do it.
- Exit iTunes launcher or any other service if running.
- Locate the iTunes icon (shortcut) on the desktop and delete it.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type control and press OK to open Control Panel.
- Go to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Select iTunes and click on Change.
- Select the repair option and proceed with the on-screen instructions.
Repair From Settings
- You can also try to repair the client from the Settings app as well. Go to Start > Settings > Apps > iTunes > Advanced Options.
- Click on the Repair button to repair the iTunes client.
After the repair is complete, reboot the computer. Launch iTunes and check for any improvements.
2. Launch iTunes as Administrator
Users have reported that launching iTunes as the administrator has helped them to resolve the error. Launching iTunes as an administrator can fix any permission related issues with the client.
Simply right-click on the iTunes desktop shortcut and select Run as administrator. If UAC asks for the permission, click on Yes.
3. Check for Hardware / Software Conflict
If you have recently installed a Bluetooth card or WiFi adapter, it is possible that the driver or the software is creating conflict with the iTunes launcher. If the issue started to appear after installing new software, try to uninstall the software and launch iTunes.
4. Other Fixes to Try
Here are a couple of minor yet effective fixes that can help you resolve the iTunes related issues on your Windows 10 computer.
- Exit BTTray.exe Bluetooth utility from Broadcom if installed. You can check for the bttray.exe process in the Task Manager. Select the process and select End.
- Remove any SD card that is inserted or an external hard disk connected to the PC.
- Try to open iTunes in safe mode by pressing Ctrl + Shift. Press the key combo and launch iTunes.
- Disable Third-party antivirus temporarily and check for any improvements.
If you have installed new hardware, remove the hardware and uninstall the concerned drivers. Reboot the system and launch iTunes. In case iTunes works without the hardware, you may have to update the hardware driver from the device manager.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- How to find and change iTunes backup location in Windows 10
- How to fix iTunes crashes in Windows 10, 8
- Best software to fix your iTunes library in Windows 10