- Running your program without administrative privileges might also help.
Many people complained about this problem. We understand how annoying it can be, especially if you constantly use Discord to keep in touch with your friends.
- Corrupt program files – If your program or its settings have gone corrupt, this error and others may be triggered.
- Deactivated services – The most common service related to this error is the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service. If it is not enabled, you may expect this error.
- Access levels – If you run the app without administrator permissions, you may have restrictions that could trigger this error in some cases.
Now that everything is clear let’s see what are the most efficient ways to get rid of this problem.
- 1. Automatically start the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service
- 2. Run your program without administrative privileges
- 3. Delete your program's folders from %AppData folder
- 4. Re-install your program
1. Automatically start the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service
- Use the following keyboard shortcut: Windows + R.
- Type in services.msc, then hit the Enter key.
- Scroll down the list until you see Quality Windows Audio Video Experience.
- Right-click on it and select Properties.
- In the Startup Type drop-down menu, select Automatic.
- Press on OK then quit the window.
Even if this option is extremely efficient, there is a slight chance you may get an error labeled:
Windows could not start the service on Local Computer. Error 1079: The account specifies for this service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process.
If this happens, proceed as follows:
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc, then hit the Enter key.
- Scroll down the list until you see Quality Windows Audio Video Experience, then select Properties.
- Go to the Log On tab.
- Click the Browse button.
- You’ll see an entry box labeled Enter the object name to select, type your Microsoft Windows account’s name in it, then press on Check Names.
- Wait for your name to pop up and press OK.
- Type in your Windows account’s password in the Password box.
2. Run your program without administrative privileges
- Locate your program’s executable, then right-click on it and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab, then uncheck the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
- Press on OK.
3. Delete your program’s folders from %AppData folder
1. Use the following keyboard shortcut: Windows + E.
2. Navigate to This PC.
3. Go to the location below, replacing the word afamo with your username.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
4. Right-click on the Discord folder, then select Delete. If you get an error message stating that the program can’t be deleted because it is in use, enter the Task Manager and end it first.
4. Re-install your program
- Hit the Windows key, then type Discord.
- Right-click on it, then select Uninstall.
- Once the uninstall process is finished, download the latest Discord version from the official website.
- Click on the downloaded file and follow the installation wizard.
However, a simple uninstall does not always entirely delete all traces of the software’s files, directories, and registry entries, and they remain on your computer.
While this may not seem like a big deal at the moment, it might lead to problems later on.
In this case, we strongly recommend using checking the best uninstaller software for Windows 10 PCs. These options will eliminate all traces and leftovers of Skype or Discord, allowing you to reinstall it safely.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.