Windows 10 Creators Update KB4016240 is now available to download
Microsoft recently rolled out a new cumulative update for the Creators Update, taking the build to version 15063.25. Windows 10 KB4016240 is a non-security update that includes only quality improvements — no new operating system features are being introduced in this update.
KB4016240 brings eleven bug fixes and improvements that fix various post-upgrade issues, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge compatibility problems, and more. For more information, check out the full update notes below.
Windows 10 Creators Update KB4016240
- Addressed issue where VMs might experience loss in network connectivity while provisioning IP addresses.
- Addressed issue that does not initiate a remote ring on the device when RemoteRing Configuration Service Provider (CSP) is used.
- Addressed issue where a memory leak occurs in Internet Explorer when hosting pages containing nested framesets that load cross-domain content.
- Addressed issue that causes users to get logged out from Web applications intermittently.
- Addressed issue with a very dim internal monitor that may occur when booting with the external monitor only and then switching to the built-in panel only.
- Addressed issue where running Win32 Direct3D applications or games in full-screen exclusive mode causes the system to become unresponsive when resuming from Connected Standby.
- Addressed issue where when upgrading to Windows 10, version 1703, with the system language set to Chinese, the progress page displays geometric shapes instead of the correct localized strings.
- Addressed issue that prevents the lock screen from being disabled using Group Policy on Professional SKUs.
- Addressed issue in Windows Forms configuration options, which causes antivirus applications to stop working at startup.
- Addressed additional issues with compatibility, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
You can download and install KB4016240 automatically from Windows Update. You can also get the stand-alone package for this update from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Microsoft says that its engineers aren’t currently aware of any issues with this update. If you encounter any KB4016240 bugs, tell us more about your experience in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Screen flicker after installing Windows 10 Creators Update [Fix]
- Windows 10 Creators Update users can’t update Windows Defender, here’s a possible fix
- Microsoft acknowledges Bluetooth bugs caused by the Creators Update
The DNS server, short for Domain Name Server is where the management, maintenance and processing of Internet domain names take place. Or in simple terms, […]
Getting the perfect gift for FIFA fans is actually an easy job. Basically, you get them anything related to their favorite game and you’ll make […]
Microsoft added Tablet mode to Windows 10 primarily for 2-in-1 laptops and tablets, such as the Surface Pro. Tablet mode displays a start screen from […]