Microsoft recently rolled out cumulative update KB4022716 to Windows 10 Creators Update users, as well as Insiders in the Slow ring. This update brings an impressive number of 39 bug fixes and improvements.
According to the official patch notes, KB4022716 fixes a series of issues caused by previous updates, including the blank page bug when printing from Microsoft Edge, the annoying error 633 on dial-up modems or the issue that prevented users from accessing Remote Desktop.
At the same time, this cumulative update also fixes a long list of bugs specific to the Creators Update.
Windows 10 KB4022716 bug fixes
Without further ado, here are the bug fixes that Microsoft introduced with KB4022716:
- Fixed an issue introduced by KB4022725 where Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge printing from a frame may result in 404 not found or blank page printed.
- Addressed issue where network printers may fail to install when using the printer vendor’s setup software on machines with less than 4 GB of RAM.
- Fixed the issue that causes high memory usage for the Camera app on mobile platforms, which reduces battery life.
- Addressed issue where, after updating to the Creators Update, devices that have Receive Segment Coalescing (RSC) enabled have significantly low wireless throughput.
- Addressed issue (Error 0x7F) with Windows Forms (WinForms) that causes the system to crash after upgrading to the Creators Update.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from accessing Remote Desktop Services or remote apps after upgrading to the Creators Update.
- Addressed issue where, if you specify an auto-logon configuration in Unattend.xml, auto-logon only works on the first logon, but will not work again when the device is restarted.
- Addressed issue where users cannot sign in with Face after upgrading to Windows 10 RS2.
- Addressed issue where, after upgrading to Windows 10 RS2, modem dial-up fails with Error 633.
- Addressed issue where the smartcard service (sccardsvr.exe) stops periodically and never restarts.
- Addressed issue where an error may occur if laptops don’t connect to the VPN fast enough.
- Addressed issue where a remote desktop connection with Windows 2016 RDS server fails authentication when using smartcards.
- Addressed issue where Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) Device Management (DM) uses the wrong interface to index the on-demand APN.
- Addressed issue with a memory leak in the camera platform across all devices for PC (MIPI and USB cameras).
- Addressed issue where, if the device lid close action was set to “Do Nothing”, closing and re-opening the lid causes all Universal Windows Platform apps to stop responding.
- Addressed issue with failed login scenarios that occur because the device does not reconnect to the host PC.
- Addressed issue where users must wait between 40 to 60 minutes after a print spooler restart.
- Addressed issue where the cursor type does not maintain the arrow shape in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue where searching for a string on a page that has many iframes causes Internet Explorer to stop working.
- Addressed issue where Internet Explorer stops responding when a user clicks on an empty column header.
- Addressed issue where the onhashchange event is not called when navigating hashed URLs in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue to improve pairing, connecting, synchronizing, and notifications experiences for a third-party wearable device.
- Addressed issue to improve Bluetooth connectivity to wearable devices.
- Addressed issue where the NewWindow3 event is not called in Internet Explorer.
- Address issue with a memory leak that occurs when calling BluetoothGATTRegisterEvent() and BluetoothGATTUnregisterEvent() functions for an NFC card reader.
- Addressed issue where a clear (x) button inside HTML text fields cannot be disabled using the ::ms-clear attribute when Document Modes are less than 10 in Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue where Internet Explorer 11 would fail to load HTML page after installing KB3021952.
- Addressed issue where a Windows Phone experiences data loss (email, contact, SMS, etc.) caused by Unistore database corruption.
- Addressed issue where guest VMs bound to a wireless NIC can lose network connectivity if the guest does not send an Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) packet in the fixed timeout window (5 minutes).
- Addressed issue where certain elements (input or select) cannot be active targets of any action in Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue with NVIDIA drivers that stop working (Error 0x9f) when the system goes to sleep.
- Addressed issue to improve Remote Desktop Protocol connections to an RD Gateway configured for RPC over HTTP.
- Addressed issue with non-UWP applications calling into Windows.Devices.Bluetooth API’s to register callbacks or Async operations.
- Addressed issue with an NFC driver that becomes non-functional because of improperly tracked timer handles.
- Addressed issue with Centennial apps that fail if they try to use the Payment Request API.
- Addressed issue where the Disk Cleanup and the Storage Settings tool remove files from system32 when file paths exceed the MAX_PATH size.
- Addressed issue to set the default cellular data roaming setting to “Don’t roam” when upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1703.
- Addressed a reliability issue in Windows Search.
- Addressed issue that lead to the loss of functionality on certain third-party network adapters after upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1703.
You can download KB4022716 through Windows Update or from Microsoft’s Update Catalog Website.
Have you encountered any issues after installing this update? Tell us more about your experience in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows Update issues after installing Windows 10 Creators Update [Fix]
- How to address common issues with Windows Update