Windows 10 KB4025342 (OS Build 15063.483) fixes many app and system crashes
The latest cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1703 includes a series of quality improvements, but no new operating system features.
Windows 10 KB4025342 fixes and improvements
- The update fixed the addressed issue included in KB4022716 where Internet Explorer 11 used to close unexpectedly when you visited particular websites.
- The update fixed the issue to improve MediaCreationTool.exe support for Setup Tourniquet scenarios.
- The problem with CoreMessaging.dll that may have caused 32-bit apps to crash on the 64-bit version of the Windows OS was also fixed.
- The issue where Visual Studio or a WPF app may terminate unexpectedly when running on a pen/touch enabled machine was fixed.
- The update fixed the problem that caused the system to crash when certain USB devices were unplugged while the system was asleep.
- The issue with screen orientation was fixed.
- The problem that caused .jpx and jbig2 images to stop rendering in PDF files was fixed.
- The issue where input using the Korean handwriting feature dropped the last character of a word, or it moved it to the next line incorrectly was also fixed.
- The problem involving a race condition between the App-V Catalog Manager and the Profile Roaming Service was fixed. Now there is a new registry key available to control the waiting period for App-V Catalog Manager, and this allows a third party Profile Roaming Service to complete.
- The issue where controls in Win32 failed to render correctly was fixed.
- The update brings along many security updates for Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Windows Search, Windows kernel, Windows shell, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Virtualization, Datacenter Networking, Windows Server, Windows Storage and File Systems, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, ASP.NET, Microsoft PowerShell, and the .NET Framework.
In case you haven’t installed the newest version of Comodo Internet Security Suite, Windows Update won’t install KB4025342 automatically. As a workaround, make sure that you’re running the latest Comodo antivirus version and then check for updates.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft releases KB4034450 update for Windows 10 Slow Ring builds with new fixes
- Microsoft releases KB4032693 and KB4032695 to Windows 10 PC
- Microsoft rolls out Windows 8.1 KB4019213, KB4019215 on Patch Tuesday
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]