Windows 10 KB4034658 deletes your Update History
If you’re planning to install the latest Windows 10 version 1607 updates on your PC, you should really consider taking a screenshot of your Update History before you hit the install button. Many users reported that KB4034658 wipes out the entire Update History.
KB4034658 Update History issues
The only known issue with this update is the fact that it may erase all your update history. Here’s how one user describes this problem:
KB4034658 has cleared my update history. Settings tells me that “No updates have been installed yet”. I am not the only one so what has happened please?
For the time being, Microsoft has yet to issue any comment on why this bug occurs. Unfortunately, there is no workaround available to fix it. All you can do for the moment is take screenshots of your Update History before installing the latest updates.
As a quick reminder, this update brings three improvements. There are no new operating system features introduced along with it. The key changes include:
- The issue where apps sometimes launch with a border when a device is in the Tablet mode has been resolved.
- The issue from the June update where some apps may not launch when a device resumes for Connected Standby mode has been fixed.
- Security updates for Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Windows Search Component, Microsoft Windows PDF Library, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Common Log File System Driver, Windows Server, Windows Hyper-V, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
It appears that this bug is affecting only the Anniversary Update. Users haven’t reported similar bugs in other versions of Windows 10.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 KB4034658 fixes launch issues and enhances security
- Microsoft releases update KB4034668 for Windows 10 (July 2015 release)
- How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro on the Surface Laptop
AirPlay media streaming enables you to stream content from an iPhone or iPad to Mac OS X desktop or laptop. This media streaming, otherwise mirroring, projects […]
Printers turning hostile when you need them the most is indeed frustrating. And one common error that often gets associated with them is port in […]
A blueprint is a proposal that shows the clients how the proposed floor or design plan will look like, followed by a 3D model of […]