Download KB4049370 to fix black screen issues on Surface Laptops
Microsoft loves surprises and recently rolled out a useful Windows 10 version 1703 update for Surface Laptops.
Windows 10 KB4049370 is intended for Microsoft Surface Laptop audiences only and focuses on quality improvements. This patch doesn’t bring any new operating system features, aiming instead at fixing black screen issues.
If your Surface Laptop often boots to a black screen, install KB4049370 to fix the problem.
Addressed issue where after installing KB4038788, some Microsoft Surface Laptops boot to a black screen. Additionally, you must press the power button for a long time to recover.
Well, just in case this update fails to fix your black screen issues, maybe the troubleshooting guides below will prove helpful:
- Here’s a solution for Windows 10 black screen login issues
- Fix: Windows 10 Black Screen With Cursor
- Black screen laptop issues on the Creators Update [FIX]
Unfortunately, KB4049370 also brings issue of its own. Microsoft included four known bugs on the list:
- This update may change Czech and Arabic languages to English for Microsoft Edge as well as other apps.
- KB4049370 may cause apps based on the Microsoft JET Database Engine, including Microsoft Access 2007 to crash when creating or opening Microsoft Excel .xls files. The error message that appears on the screen is the following: “Unexpected error from external database driver”.
- After installing the update and rebooting, the error message “Update needs a restart” may appear on the screen.
Microsoft is working on finding a fix for all these bugs and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
You can download and install KB4049370 from Microsoft’s Update Catalog website.
Have you downloaded this update on your computer? Did you encounter any issues after installing it? Use the comment section below to tell us more about your experience.