Here’s a solution for Windows 10 black screen login issues
If you installed the latest Windows 10 update, you might have noticed a problem in which login is delayed by 5 to 10 minutes during which black screen pops up until you regain control over your system. For now, it looks like the problem only affected a few HP devices. There hasn’t been an official fix for the problem released yet.
Details about the lag issue
After Microsoft confirmed the problem, the company provided a bunch of details and a workaround targeted for advanced users. It looks like Microsoft is blaming HP saying that some OEM factory images create some “incorrect registry keys” during image creation which cause conflicts with the application readiness service from Windows. All this will result in a lag of 5 to 10 minutes where there’s a black screen until the user regains control of the device. The problem is triggered with every reboot of the system.
Microsoft provides a workaround for advanced users
The company is currently working on a permanent fix for the problem. There is already a workaround available for it, but to be able to make it work you should be very familiar with the Windows registry. Otherwise, the company does not recommend applying this fix. Here it is:
- Click on the Search box on the taskbar and then type REGEDIT. You can now click OK.
- Go to the Registry Editor and locate the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAppxAppxAllUserStoreApplications
- Now, select the sub-registry key with a registry key name that begins with one of the following:
- Select Edit from the Registry menu and then Delete.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 in case you have to.
This is the only workaround available for the moment, but the company will most likely soon release an official fix for it.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Black Screen After Sign in [Fix]
- Windows 10 Black Screen After Sleep [Fix]
- Fix: Windows 10 Black Screen With Cursor
Microsoft Outlook 2016 does not support manual setup for an Exchange account directly from the add accounts interface. The add account now has only two […]
To prevent fraud and protect children from the online threat Xbox allows the parents to create Child account with restrictions. However, the parents can share […]
Recently, it has been revealed that Microsoft contractors are listening to users through Cortana and Skype Translator. This piece of information created a lot of […]