Microsoft releases update KB4478877 for Windows 10 v1607
Microsoft released Cumulative Update KB4478877 for people using Windows 10 version 1607 and Windows Server 2016, which had one improvement. But if I wanted to put it into words that a normal human being would understand, it would take me about three days to work out, so here is the actual update explanation from Microsoft.
Cumulative Update KB4478877 fixes
Addresses an issue that prevents the release of the on-demand Source Network Address Translation (SNAT) port allocated to a virtual machine (VM) after the SNAT port is no longer in use. As a result, the SNAT port becomes exhausted.
What known issues are in this update?
The known issues are pretty much the same as they have been for the last month or more. Let’s have a quick look at them:
- After you install the August Preview of Quality Rollup or September 11, 2018 .NET Framework update, instantiation of SqlConnection can throw an exception. For more information about this issue, see this article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.
- After installing this update, users may not be able to use the Seek Bar in Windows Media Player when playing specific files. This issue does not affect normal playback.
As usual, Microsoft will be hard at work fixing these known issues, and will hopefully have a fix ready by mid-December 2018.
I am sure that Cumulative Update KB4478877 is important for the few users that are still using version 1607 (and are taking advantage of Microsoft’s Long-Term Servicing Channel) but…
…most users were probably hoping for something more up-to-date (so to speak). People are still waiting for improvements and fixes for the October 1809 update, and it is now December.
How to download this update
If you want to see if you need to download this update, the best way to do this is to let Microsoft check. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates. If you know what you are doing, you can check out the stand-alone package.
For a full explanation of what this update is all about, go to Microsoft Support.
RELATED ARTICLES YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows XP 2018 Edition concept mixes the old and the new
- Download KB4090913 to fix USB issues on Windows 10
- If you haven’t run update KB4461529 for Outlook 2010, don’t!
The Windows 10 registry is an important database that holds crucial settings, and in this article we’ll show you how to prevent access to registry […]
Many Windows 10 users reported encountering an issue when trying to burn a CD through Windows Media Player. Error message Windows Media Player cannot burn […]
Phil Spencer, the Head of Xbox revealed that Microsoft plans to develop new consoles after Project Scarlett is officially launched. In a recent interview, Spencer […]