- If your Kindle for PC is not working, there is surely something wrong with the software.
- The first thing you should do to solve the issue is to update your system drivers.
- Scan your system for possible malware if your Kindle app won't open on PC.
- You could also run the SFC scan and DISM to let your Windows solve the problem.
Kindle is a very popular e-book reader used by millions worldwide to browse, buy, and read books from Amazon Store.
Unfortunately, some problems can occur, making your Kindle app stop working. Obviously, you have to something to fix these issues.
There have been several complaints from Windows 10 users to our team about problems encountered with the Kindle app.
Nevertheless, the Kindle app for Windows is a good app but sometimes users may experience unexpected closing or not loading issues.
This could be due to the fact that the Kindle application is outdated or having compatibility issues with Windows 10. Also, the Kindle Windows 10 not working problem may also be due to system issues.
Know that we wrote this thorough guide to solve the Kindle not working problem on Windows 10. Make sure you follow all of our solutions.
How can I fix Kindle for PC if it’s not responding?
- Update the system drivers
- Run SFC scan/DISM
- Restart the Kindle app
- Scan for malware
- Use Disk Cleanup
- Run Kindle as administrator
- Change the permissions for Kindle
- Reinstall the Kindle App
1. Update the system drivers
- Press the Windows Key + S.
- Type in Device Manager and press Enter.
- Select the device you want to update.
- Right-click on it, then choose Update driver.
- Repeat for every device you need to be updated.
Update drivers automatically
Manually updating your system drivers is an advanced procedure. Installing the wrong driver versions may damage your PC.
Therefore, you need to use an automated tool that would scan your PC and provide the best driver versions for your system. We strongly recommend a third-party tool automatically updating drivers.
Various errors are the result of a malfunctioning driver. When this is the case, you may need to update or reinstall completely this specific component. As the process is not straight-forward to complete, we recommend using an automated tool for the job. Here's how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the app.
- Wait for the software to detect all your faulty drivers.
- You will now be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your Windows safe from any type of errors caused by corrupted drivers, by installing and using DriverFix today!
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Run the SFC scan/DISM
- Click on Start, type cmd, and click on Run as administrator under Command Prompt.
- Type the following command:
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer.
- All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
- Press Windows key + X and run Command Prompt (Admin).
- Copy and paste the following command on the command line:
- In case the DISM can’t obtain files online, try using your installation USB or DVD. Insert media and type the following command:
Note: Be sure to replace C:RepairSourceWindows with the path from your DVD or USB.
3. Restart the Kindle app
- Close the dialog message that informs you of Kindle crash.
- Right-click on the taskbar and open Task Manager.
- Make sure to kill the main and related processes related to kindle.
- Try starting Kindle again and look for changes.
Note: If Kindle app does not launch after following the steps aforementioned, you should restart your PC, and then launch Kindle afterward.
4. Scan for malware
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Some brutal viruses and malware may corrupt program files belonging to the Kindle app thereby resulting in the Kindle Windows 10 not working.
If you do not have a third-party antivirus, you can run a full system scan with Windows Defender and see if detects anything. However, for more accurate results, you should get a dedicated antivirus tool.
A malware removal tool will scan and remove any malware from your computer, even the invisible malware which could be accountable for this Kindle app problem.
We recommend you look into the best antivirus software of 2021 and pick a worthwhile option that will fully protect your system against all threats.
After you install it and run a full scan, you will definitely get rid of any threat from your computer. Check to see if the problem persists.
5. Use the Disk Cleanup
- Open This PC.
- Right-click the system partition and open Properties.
- Choose Disk Cleanup.
- Check the boxes beside Temporary files.
- Confirm the selection and clean the temporary files.
6. Run Kindle as an administrator
- Navigate to the installation folder of the Kindle program.
- Locate the kindle.exe file, right-click, and open Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility section.
- In the Compatibility tab, check the box beside the Run as Administrator box.
- Click OK.
7. Change the permissions for Kindle
- Open This PC and click on System Properties.
- Under the Advanced tab go to Performance, then click on Settings.
- Click on Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Choose Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
- Click Add and browse to the installation folder of the troubled app and locate the .exe file.
- Set an exception and confirm changes.
8. Reinstall the Kindle app
Most of the time, Windows users download Kindle for Windows 10 app from an unofficial download site.
This is considered risky because most of these unofficial download sites contain malware, viruses, ransomware, etc. which could damage your PC in the long run.
Also, you may end up downloading an incompatible/non-working Kindle app.
To cut a long story short, it is recommended that you download Kindle Windows 10 app from either Amazon official website or from Windows 10 Store.
Not only is this considered safe, but you are also able to contact the support center in case you experience difficulties or errors while using the Kindle application.
We do hope that any of the aforementioned solutions will fix your Kindle for PC not responding problem and you didn’t encounter any other problems.
In case you have any questions or suggestions, we advise you to post them in the comments below. We’ll be glad to help.