League of Legend, most commonly known by its acronym, LoL, is a free-to-play MOBA game that is as contagious as it’s competitive. There are not many reported issues, but the login problems are quite frequent. Especially since there’s a lot of phishing websites creeping on the inattentive players. Users reported that League of Legends won’t accept their password after several tries.
If you can’t seem to login into your LoL account, check the steps below and resolve the problem with ease.
Why can’t I login into League of Legends with my password?
1: Check region settings and the server status
- Open the League of Legends client.
- Under the Region/Language section, choose your native region server.
- If you are still unable to sign in, check the server status, here.
- If the server is up and running, try signing in again. In case the server is down, wait for some time and give it another go.
2: Change your password
- In the League of Legends client, click on the Forgot your password hyperlink.
- This will take you to the Recovery webpage where you should insert your username and region.
- The automatized service will send you the reset link to the email address you registered.
- Open your email client and follow the link.
- Change your password.
- Open the League of Legends client again and try signing in with the newly-created password.
3: Run Hextech Repair Tool
- Download Hextech Repair Tool, here.
- Select your Region and check the Add Firewall exception and Force Repatch boxes.
- Click Start and wait for the troubleshooter to resolve the problem.
- Restart your PC and try logging in again.
- Alternatively, you can send your LoL logs to the support team.
These steps, hopefully, addressed the problem and you are ready to storm the Summoner’s Rift. Share the results with us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- League of Legends doesn’t launch after Champion Select [SOLVED]
- What to do if League of Legends Friends List doesn’t work
- League of Legends FPS drops on Windows 10 [GAMER’S GUIDE]