League of Legends is a fun game to play that challenges players to take on the role of a summoner who controls a champion with unique abilities and skills to fight against a team of other players or AI champions to destroy the opposing team’s Nexus. Although League of Legends launched a few years ago, it’s still affected by a series of annoying issues. In this article, we’re going to focus on the ping spikes that randomly occur on Windows 10 PCs and offer you a quick workaround that you can use to solve this issue.
League of Legends ping issues
After patch 7.2 dropped last night when minions get to lane my ping skyrockets to 2000+ ping all game and is outright insane. I’ve been reading around and multiple people are experiencing this issue after 7.2 was released last night. I’ve tried everything I can like everyone else has and none of it has helped. Please Riot fix this.
Recent player reports suggest that the culprit is the Xbox app that can randomly start using bandwidth and make your ping higher.
How to reduce ping in League of Legends
1. Type Resource Monitor in the Search menu > select the first result
2. Go to the Network section of Resource Monitor > search for a process called GameBarPresenceWriter. This process is part of the Xbox app.
3. Disable the Xbox app completely in order to permanently remove the GameBarPresenceWriter process and avoid ping spikes:
- Type PowerShell in the Search menu > right click on Windows Powershell > click Run as administrator
- Paste the following command: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage > wait for a few seconds.
You should no longer experience ping spikes now. Use the comment section below to tell us if this method worked for you!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix League of Legends connection issues
- League of Legends crashes: Here’s how to fix them
- Fix League of Legends error code 004