Looks Like You Were Misusing This Feature By Going Too Fast [Fix]
Any repetitive task or suspicious activity could lead to this error
- If you have posted many photos or items in different groups, you might face this error.
- This guide will discuss the ways to remove this temporary block.
Facebook keeps an eye on all the activities on the user accounts, and when it suspects something malicious, it blocks further actions. As a result, you might encounter the It looks like you were missing this feature by going too fast. You’ve been temporarily blocked from using it error if you perform any restricted action on your account.
In this guide, we will discuss some of the available workarounds to fix the issue right after talking about the causes of the issue. Let’s get started!
What causes the It looks like you were missing this feature by going too fast issue?
There could be various reasons why you faced the issue; some of the common ones are mentioned here:
- Posted a bunch of items simultaneously – If you have posted a bunch of items in a group, you are no longer an admin, and you might encounter the error.
- Posted a lot of items on different groups – If you post a lot of times to a lot of different groups, you may get this error message. To avoid this, don’t upload photos or videos on more than two or three groups daily.
- Have posted something suspicious – If you posted or shared something that seems suspicious or abusive to the security systems, you might see this error.
- Did something against Community standards – If you have been blocked from originating messages or have performed any action against Facebook community standards, you could be temporarily blocked.
- Messages or friend requests not welcomed – If you have messaged or sent friend requests to someone you don’t know multiple times, you will be restricted from sending the requests for a while.
What can I do to fix the looks like you were missing this feature by going too fast issue?
If you are getting this error while accessing Facebook on Google Chrome or any other browser on your computer, the social media account is working fine on another device. In that case, you must remove the cache and cookies or reset your browser and try again. If that’s not the issue, then follow the below-mentioned methods.
1. Report a Login Issue
If your Facebook account is blocked and it suggests you ask Facebook for help. You can go to the Report a login issue page. Follow these steps to do so:
- Log in to Facebook on your computer.
- Click on your Profile picture and select Help & support.
- Now select Report a problem.
- Select Something went wrong.
- Click Include in report.
- On Something went wrong window, choose an area and add a detailed description of the issue and the steps you took to resolve the issue.
- Add a screenshot or video of the problem.
Once you submit a form, it may take up to 15 days for Facebook to respond and resolve the issue.
2. Verify your identity with Facebook if you can’t log in
- Go to Confirm your identity with the Facebook page.
- Click Choose Files to upload your photo IDs, such as your SSN or driver’s license.
- Now under add Login email address or mobile phone number, add any and click Send.
- You will get a code on your phone number or email address.
- Enter the code and click Continue.
- You will get a prompt to change the password.
This will allow you to clear the verification check to prove you are the account holder. Once you submit the form, wait a few days for Facebook to get back to you.
What can I do to avoid the temporary block?
To avoid these blocks in the future, make sure you do the following:
- First, understand the Community Standards to know what sharing is allowed on Facebook.
- Avoid sending messages to people you don’t know.
- Don’t send friend requests to people you don’t know.
- Consider posting fewer photos per day.
So, these are things you need to do to get rid of the it looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast error message. Try them and let us know what worked in the comments section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.