- If your MacBook is not able to connect to Cricut, then you won't be able to use the machine, but we have fixes for it.
- To be able to connect Cricut to MacBook, you need to reset your Bluetooth configuration, and also update your Bluetooth and the firmware on Cricut.
- If you want to see more comprehensive guides, visit our Mac Fix Hub.
- Don't hesitate to bookmark our extensive Mac page for more up-to-date information on the subject.
If you’re a designer, you’re probably familiar with Cricut cutting machines. Although these devices can be incredibly useful, sometimes they might not work with your MacBook. In fact, many users reported that MacBook isn’t connecting to their Cricut at all. This can be a problem, but there’s a fix that.
Why won’t my Cricut connect to my Mac?
1. Reset your Bluetooth configuration
Sometimes there might be a glitch with your Bluetooth connection that prevents MacBook from connecting to the Cricut. To fix that, you need to do the following:
- Go to System Preferences and choose Bluetooth.
- Now click on Turn Bluetooth Off.
- Open the Terminal.
- Type sudo rm -R /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and press Enter.
- Now enter your password.
- Restart your MacBook.
- Once your MacBook restarts, go to System Preferences > Bluetooth.
- Now click on Turn Bluetooth On.
- Try to connect to Cricut again.
Several users reported that this method worked for them so be sure to try it. Bear in mind that this method will unpair all Bluetooth devices from your MacBook, so you’ll have to connect them again.
2. Update Bluetooth and firmware on Cricut
According to users, you need to update both Bluetooth and firmware on the Cricut in order to minimize the chance of this and similar problems. To see how to update the firmware, be sure to check the instruction manual for detailed instructions.
3. Contact Cricut support
If you tried all of our previous solutions, you might want to contact Circuit’s support directly. The issue might not be related to your MacBook, so it might be best that their experts address the issue.
These are several simple and easy solutions that might help you if your MacBook isn’t connecting to Cricut, so be sure to try them all.
FAQ: Learn more about Cricut
- Is Cricut compatible with Mac?
Yes, Cricut is fully compatible with your MacBook, iMac, and MacBook Pro.
- Do you need a computer to use Cricut?
Not necessarily. You can use Cricut with any Mac or Windows-based PC, but it is also compatible with Android mobile devices.
- Which Cricut is best for beginners?
All Cricut machines are easy to use, but for beginners, the Cricut Explore Air 2 is the most intuitive version.