- Not being able to update your iCloud app could cause some issues, but this guide should prove helpful.
- Checking the status of Apple’s services, and updating iTunes are some of the methods that could help.
- If you want access to more comprehensive Mac guides, check out our detailed Mac Fix page.
- Don't hesitate to bookmark our extensive Mac page for more up-to-date information on the subject.
To fix various Mac problems we recommend Intego Security tool:
Many errors and issues are caused by security threats. Intego Security will quarantine, repair or delete these dangerous files. Download it now for a safer and faster Mac OS, in just three easy steps:
iCloud is a major component of Apple’s ecosystem, but many users reported iCloud Library cannot be updated right now error message. This can be a problem, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to deal with this issue.
What to do if iCloud Library can’t be updated right now?
1. Check the status of Apple’s services
In most cases, this is a server-side problem, and the issue appears if one of Apple’s services isn’t working properly. To fix that, users are suggesting to check the status of Apple’s services by doing the following:
- Go to Apple’s System Status page.
- Check if there’s a problem with one of the available services.
If there’s an issue with one of the services, the only thing you can do is wait while the issue is being resolved on Apple’s end. Even if all Apple’s services are running, sometimes there might be a minor glitch that is causing this issue, so it won’t hurt to wait for a day or two for the problem to be fixed.
2. Update iTunes
According to users, you might be able to fix iCloud Library cannot be updated right error simply by updating iTunes to the latest version. It’s possible that your current version of iTunes has a certain glitch, and by updating it to the latest version you should be able to fix it. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open iTunes.
- Open the iTunes menu and select Check for Updates.
- If updates are available, they will be downloaded automatically.
3. Sign out of iTunes and log back in
To fix this problem, users are suggesting to sign out of iTunes and log back in. In addition to doing that, make sure that iCloud Music Library is enabled. To check that, follow these steps:
- Open iTunes and go to Preferences > General Preferences and make sure that iCloud Music Library is enabled.
- Go to File > Library and choose Update iCloud Music Library.
4. Remove the cache files
If you encounter iCloud Library cannot be updated right now error, you can fix it by removing cache files. To do that, follow these steps:
- Back up your music and move it out of the Music directory.
- Open ~/Library directory and delete all folders with Music or iTunes in their name.
- Now go to the ~/Library/Caches and delete all folders related to Music or iTunes.
- Restart the music app.
To get your music back open the Preferences window in the Music app and go to Files. Now reset the Music Media folder location. Lastly, move the backed up music to Automatically Add to Music folder in ~/Music/Music/Media.
These are some of the best solutions that you can try out to solve the iCloud Library cannot be updated right now error message.
FAQ: Learn more about updates of the iCloud Library
- Why is my iCloud music library unavailable?
The most common reason for the iCloud music library not being available is an account that has changed the login credentials without updating all devices. To fix this, log out of your account and log back in.
- How long does it take to load the iCloud music library?
It all depends on the amount of data you have stored in your music library, the processing speeds of your laptop, and also the download speed of your internet connection. It can take from 5 minutes to as long as a few hours.
- Why did my Apple music library disappeared?
To fix this problem, open Settings, then go to Music, then verify is Show Apple Music is turned on. If the option is activated, turn it off, and then activate it again.