- Seeing an error while using Gracenote in iTunes will stop you from downloading the artwork and other useful data for your music.
- To fix this, update your iTunes app, and make sure your firewall is not blocking Gracenote.
- If you're interested in more useful information on this subject, visit our detailed Mac Hub.
- To always be prepared for any Mac issues, don't forget to bookmark our useful Mac Troubleshooting page.
Gracenote is a useful service for music lovers, but many users reported Gracenote error in iTunes. This can be a problem especially if you tend to rip music from audio CDs. However, there’s a way to fix this problem once and for all.
What to do if iTunes Gracenote error appears?
1. Update iTunes
If you’re having problems with Gracenote on your Mac, you might be able to fix the problem simply by updating iTunes to the latest version. This is quite simple and you can do it by following these steps:
- Open iTunes.
- Select the iTunes menu and choose Check for Updates.
- Now click on Download iTunes and then click the Update
Once iTunes is up to date, check if the problem is still there.
2. Check your firewall
Sometimes Gracenote error on iTunes can appear due to your firewall. Your firewall can block iTunes, and that can lead to this and many other problems. To fix that, you need to check your firewall settings and make sure that iTunes is allowed to go through your firewall.
To do that, follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to System Preferences.
- Go to Security & Privacy > Firewall > Firewall options.
- Make sure that iTunes.app is set to allow incoming connections.
After making these changes, check if the problem is still there.
3. Try restarting your router
If the problem is still there, it’s possible that the issue is caused by your network connection. To fix this problem, users are suggesting to restart your router/modem. After your modem restarts, check if the problem is still there.
These are just a couple of simple solutions that you can try if you’re getting a Gracenote error in iTunes.
In most cases, you can fix this issue simply by changing your firewall settings and allowing incoming connections to iTunes.
FAQ: Learn more about Gracenote on iTunes
- How do I put Gracenote on iTunes?
To use Gracenote on iTunes, select the songs you want to add information to, open the File menu, click Library, and click the Get Track Names option.
- How do I rip CDs to iTunes?
To successfully rip your CDs to iTunes, you will need to insert the audio cd, wait for the iTunes import songs pop-up to come up, and then click Yes and Import CD.
- Is Apple Lossless better than AAC?
Yes, Apple Lossless is better than AAC because the latter is a lossy compressed format.