- If your MacBook isn't connecting to your VPN software, then you won't be able to change your IP for private browsing.
- To fix this issue, use the Repair permissions option, change your VPN settings, and also check your WiFi network.
- For more updated information on this subject visit our comprehensive Mac Fix Hub.
- If you want to always have access to useful information, consider bookmarking our detailed Mac section.
Having a VPN is a great way to protect your privacy online, but many Mac users reported that their MacBook is not connecting to a VPN. This can be a problem, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix that.
What to do if MacBook won’t connect to VPN?
1. Use the Repair permissions option
- Navigate to Go > Utilities.
- Now select Disk Utility.
- Select the volume on which the VPN is installed.
- Click on the First Aid tab.
- Select the volume again and choose Repair Disk Permissions.
After the permissions are repaired, check if the problem is still there.
2. Change your VPN settings
- Open the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
- Navigate to Network.
- Select Set Service Order from the Action menu.
- Drag your VPN connection to the top of the list.
- Click OK and Apply to save the changes.
3. Check your Wi-Fi router
Sometimes issues with VPN can occur due to your router. Check if the problem occurs on another network. If the problem appears only on your network, try restarting your router. If that doesn’t help, you might have to reset the router to the default settings and check if that solves the problem.
You can also try updating your router’s firmware. We wrote a short guide on how to update router firmware, so you might want to check it out. Lastly, if that doesn’t help, you might have to replace your router.
Not being able to use your VPN on your MacBook can be a problem, but we hope that you managed to fix it using our solutions.
FAQ: Learn more about using VPN on Mac
- Does Mac have a built-in VPN?
No, Macs don’t have a built-in VPN service, but you can use a wide range of VPN apps on it.
- Should I use a VPN on my Mac?
Using a VPN on Mac is useful if you want to anonymize yourself on the internet or in order to be able to access content that’s restricted in your country.
- What is a good VPN for Mac?
One of the best VPN software for Mac is by far the Nord VPN.