Mafia III is released with a bevy of issues, a quick patch is necessary
Mafia III is finally available, allowing players to embark on an exciting revenge mission. The protagonist, Lincoln, strongly believes that family isn’t who you’re born with but who you die for. As a result, when his surrogate family is wiped out by the Italian mafia, he decides to exact revenge at any costs.
But before Lincoln does that, he needs to overcome some serious obstacles in the form of technical issues. Mafia III has only been out for a few hours now but reports of various issues are already flooding the forums. We’ll list the most frequently encountered issues in this article as well as their respective workarounds, if available.
As a quick reminder, check your computer’s capabilities before installing the game to avoid possible issues. Mafia III’s recommended system requirements include:
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit
- Intel CPU: I7-3770
- AMD CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0 Ghz
- RAM: 8 GB AMD
- AMD GPU: Radeon R9 290X
- NVIDIA GPU: GeForce GTX 780 or GeForce GTX 1060
- VIDEO MEMORY: 4GB
- HD: 50GB (free space).
Also, gamers confirmed that Mafia III doesn’t work on AMD CPUs without SSE 4.1 support. The game crashes at desktop, just like MGS V and No Mans Sky. Taking into account their previous experience, gamers are now waiting for devs to roll out a patch so that they can play Mafia III on Phenom CPUs.
Frequent Mafia III issues
1. Low FPS rate. A few hours before the game was officially released, rumors began to appear suggesting that the game’s frame rate was limited to 30. Although we initially thought those were isolated cases, other gamers confirmed the same. The good news is that a fix should be released soon allowing gamers to unlock the framerate.
So here’s the information I’ve got from 2k directly. The build people currently have is locked to 30fps. It is likely that the launch build will be also. 2K are going to issue a statement about the issue shortly, which include a timeframe on when the “fix” will be put in to unlock the games framerate.
2. Mafia III doesn’t start when gamers hit the play button. No error message appears on the screen, the game simply closes and gamers are sent back to the desktop. Despite having tried various workarounds, not all gamers have been able to fix this issue and they still can’t play Mafia III. It appears this is a prevalent issue for Windows 10 users. Other players were luckier and fixed this bug after installing an update for Universal Runtime on Windows 7, 8.1.
Hi all, it seems that many users are unable to launch the game. The game doesn’t start when hitting the play button. Has anyone found a solution? Here are my computer’s specs: I7 6800K, 32 GB DDR4, 980 GTX.
3. Mafia III runs and then suddenly crashes while playing. Again, no error message is displayed, the game simply stops. Gamers suspect that cutscenes are the culprits for these crashes, as they noticed that crashing always occurs after a few cutscenes and always at the end of the cutscene when they go back to the game. Mafia III crashes occurred on modern systems,”have an i7, 16gb, titan (tried gtx970 same thing) win 10“, therefore the possibility of hardware incompatibility can be eliminated.
i played the game for 2 hours crashed 2 times now without error message just the game gets out to windows any idea how to fix this or anyone had the same issue ?
4. Keyboard, mouse and controller issues. Many gamers are complaining that Mafia III turns off the back lighting on the Logitech G series keyboards. Also, the game only accepts a three-button mouse, and doesn’t allow players to remap the keys. Certain actions, such as closing tutorial messages don’t work on controllers and the weapon wheel doesn’t show. Sometimes, the controls are not being detected.
Tried multiple keys for both whistle and the weapon wheel and none of them work. Having limited remap keys and not being able to remap more than three mouse buttons doesn’t help either. Being left handed, I can see that the multiple keys controls are going to be fiddly when they actually get them to work…
5. Mafia III won’t download. The download bar doesn’t progress, and the process continues for hours on end without any sign of progress. Gamers get stuck at various download percentages: “Can’t get past 99%“. Also, unpacking seems to take forevever.
These are the most common issues reported by Mafia III players. We are aware this list of issues is not an exhaustive one, and more bugs will be detected as users play the game. According to the game’s developers, the first major patch for the game should be available this weekend, which means that at least the FPS limitation should be fixed.
How has your Mafia III experience been so far? Tell us more about it in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- 8 best tank games for Windows 10
- 10 best Windows 10 racing games to play
- 13 best PlayStation Now games for Windows 10
Javaw.exe is a process that launches Java programs. However, a “Windows cannot find javaw.exe” error message can pop up for some users when they try […]
10 quick solutions to fix laptop mousepad issues Update mousepad or touchpad drivers Uninstall and reinstall mouse drivers Use Windows generic mousepad driver Run an […]