I have had this problem before but uninstalling and reinstalling the mail app fixed it but since creators update it doesn’t fix it.
Not getting any mail notifications anymore on Windows 10 with the mail app
Nothing works, removed account, reinstalled but nothing…
Windows 10 Mail app notifications are not working on your PC? This tutorial will show you how to fix them once and for all.
Windows 10 comes with a lightweight Mail app, which is designed to provide you direct access to your email account(s), without having to go through a web browser. The Mail app hosts a notification setting that affords you the opportunity to see incoming emails as they troop in. This way, you get to see an email (as a notification pop-up) the moment it enters, without having to open the Mail app.
However, there have been cases of the Mail app notifications not working, in which case, users don’t get notified of incoming emails. To retrieve/access received emails, in this case, you’d have to go through the stress of opening the Mail app.
In any case, we have come up with a set of solutions to resolve the issue.
What to do if Windows 10 Mail app notifications aren’t working?
1. Allow Calendar app to run in the background
- Open the Start Menu and then click on Settings.
- In the Setting window, click on Privacy.
- Click on Background apps, and enable the Let apps run in the background
- Click on the Choose which apps can run in the background option, locate the Mail and Calendar app and then turn it On.
- Exit Settings.
2. Pin email account(s) to Start menu
- Launch the Mail app.
- Right-click on the desired email account.
- On the list of options, select Pin to Start.
- If you have other email accounts on the Mail app, repeat the procedure for each of them.
There you go, these are two simple solutions that you can use to solve the problems with Mail app notifications. If these solutions worked for you, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.
- Something went wrong. Try again later [GMAIL FIX]
- We couldn’t add all your attachments the Mail app error [FIX]
- How to fix error 0x8000000b in Mail app once and for all