How to Make Windows 10, 8.1 Look Like Mac: SUPER EASY
If you like the Mac interface or if you used it before but you would like to also stay with your Windows 10, 8.1 operating system, you now have the possibility to customize your Windows 10, Windows 8.1 OS with the help of a few apps. In this manner, your Windows computer will look like a Mac operating system.
The desktop will look exactly like a Mac but your operating system will still function under Windows 8.1, 10. Also, you can have access to all the Windows 10, Windows 8.1 features as you did before.
Making your Windows 10, Windows 8.1 look like a Mac operating system can be done very easily and in just ten minutes of your time. You will only have to follow carefully the tutorial posted below and you will be ready to use your new Mac interface in no time.
How to make Windows 10, 8.1 look like a Mac system?
Download Mac Skin Pack
- You can download a Mac skin pack specially made for your Windows 10, Windows 8.1 system by following the link below:
- Download here skin packs for Windows 8
Note 1: Before you download the skin pack for Mac operating system, be sure to check if you are downloading the pack for your Windows 10, Windows 8.1. Be sure to look for a pack that is compatible with your Windows 10, Windows 8.1 system and also one that is either for a 32-bit system or a 64-bit system.
Note 2: Another thing you need to keep in mind is the System Restore feature. It would be highly recommended to create a system restore point before you download the skin packs just in case something goes wrong during installation or if you cannot uninstall them.
- Download here skin packs for Windows 8
- To create a system restore on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, press and hold the “Windows” button and the “X” button and left click from that menu on “System”.
- On the left side of the window, you will have to left click on “System protection”.
- Now you should have a window with “System properties” in front of you. Left click on the “Create” button you are presented there and give a name to the restore session that you will create.
- Proceed with the system restore.
- You can go ahead with the installation of the skin packs for Mac interface.
Note: During the installation, you will be asked what features you want to have from the mac interface. You can choose the features as you see fit.
- After the skin pack finishes the installation you will have to restart the Windows Windows 10, Windows 8.1 PC.
Note: If you have any issues after the restart of the Windows Windows 10, Windows 8.1 PC you can do a “Safe mode” boot and disable any of the features that are causing the issues.
Download the Mac OS Transformation Pack
You can also download and install the Mac OS transformation pack from Softpedia. With the help of this tool, you can add a Mac-like interface to your Windows PC. The pack brings Mac themes, wallpapers, as well as new OS X features to your Windows computer.
MAC-related features on Windows
There are other interesting MAC-related things that you can do on a Windows PC. We will show you the most popular and used MAC features on Windows PC’s. Here they are:
- 6 best PC emulation software for Macs [2018 List]
- How to create a Mac OS bootable USB Media on Windows 10
- How to install Windows 10 Creators Update on a Mac
- How to read Mac-formatted drives on Windows
Now that you have your mac interface up and running in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, you can start testing it and see if it fits your needs. Don’t hesitate to write us below if you are unable to install the Mac interface on your Windows 10, Windows 8.1 device.
RELATED USER INTERFACE GUIDES TO CHECK OUT:
- 4 best GUI designer software to create interfaces that will amaze users
- How to practically customize your World of Warcraft user interface
- Fans still mourn Hotmail’s interface three years after Microsoft killed it
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2014 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]