Malwarebytes releases new browser extension for Chrome and Firefox
Malwarebytes is one of the best tools to protect your PC against malware and unwanted threats. Meanwhile, the company has recently introduced the Malwarebytes Browser Extension (BETA). In other words, Malwarebytes Browser Extensions, because we have one for Google Chrome and one for Firefox.
What is Malwarebytes Browser Extension all about?
Malwarebytes Browser Extension systemically blocks malicious websites and filters out unwanted contents. In addition, the extensions can block browser hijackers, pop-ups, fake news content, cryptocurrency miners, clickbait links, and other malevolent web content; just what you need to protect you while surfing the web.
According to Malwarebytes company, the Malwarebytes Browser Extension (BETA) relies on threat behavior patterns to track down and identify latest threats. Also, the browser extension(s) heuristically identifies and blocks tech support scams ‘browser-locker pages, which scare users into calling fake tech support scammers. Therefore, you get protection against unwanted social engineering tactics as well as safe and secure browsing experience.
Malwarebytes lists the following features:
- Malware protection: Blocks malicious programs or code that can damage your system.
- Scam protection: Blocks online scams, including technical support scams, browser lockers, and phishing.
- Advertising/tracker protection: Blocks third-party ads and third-party ad trackers that monitor your online activity. The number of blocked ads/trackers for a website will show beside the Malwarebytes logo in your browser.
- Clickbait protection: Blocks content and websites that often display behavior of questionable value.
- Potentially unwanted program (PUP) protection: Blocks the downloading of potentially unwanted programs, including toolbars and pop-ups.
Stay safe online with CyberGhost
In addition to having a safe and secure web surfing experience, we recommend using CyberGhost VPN. CyberGhost protects your online identity and prevents hijackers from intercepting your internet activity.
Some of its main benefits are zero logs policy and incredible privacy features. Zero logs policy on the other hand, means that none of your activity online is being tracked. Here are its key features below:
- DNS and IP Leak Protection to block malicious contents
- Unlimited bandwidth and traffic
- Access to over 2000 servers worldwide
- Simultaneous connections on up to 7 devices
- Apps for Windows devices
Also, CyberGhost gives you access to streaming sites such as ABC, Spotify, Kodi, and many more. Lastly, CyberGhost is one of the best VPN providers in the market for safe and secure web surfing experience.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- FIX: Malwarebytes won’t update on Windows 10
- Malwarebytes rolls out free decryption tool for VindowsLocker ransomware victims
- Download Norton Safe Web Extension for Microsoft Edge
One common Power BI error is The base version must not be negative. Most users report that they failed to save the modification to the […]
Microsoft is working on improving old technologies and adapt them for the future. In a new Patent Application, the Redmond giant is describing the use […]
If you can’t wait until September to play Gears of War 5, then prepare your mobile device because now you can play Gears Pop!. Microsoft […]