- An extra layer of security is always a great addition to your web browser.
- We're going to take a closer look at Malwarebytes and see why it is good.
- Learn all you need to know about this useful browser security extension.
Malwarebytes is one of the best tools to protect your PC against malware and unwanted threats. Meanwhile, the company has recently introduced the Malwarebytes Browser Extension (BETA).
In other words, Malwarebytes browser extensions, because we have one for Google Chrome and one for Firefox.
What is Malwarebytes browser extension?
Malwarebytes Browser Extension systemically blocks malicious websites and filters out unwanted content. In addition, the extensions can block browser hijackers, pop-ups, fake news content, cryptocurrency miners, clickbait links, and other malevolent web content; just what you need to protect yourself while surfing the web.
According to Malwarebytes company, the Malwarebytes Browser Extension (BETA) relies on threat behavior patterns to track down and identify the latest threats.
Also, the browser extension(s) heuristically identifies and blocks tech support scams ‘browser-locker pages, which scare users into calling fake tech support scammers. Therefore, you get protection against unwanted social engineering tactics as well as a safe and secure browsing experience.
Malwarebytes lists the following features:
- Malware protection: Blocks malicious programs or code that can damage your system.
- Scam protection: Blocks online scams, including technical support scams, browser lockers, and phishing.
- Advertising/tracker protection: Blocks third-party ads and third-party ad trackers that monitor your online activity. The number of blocked ads/trackers for a website will show beside the Malwarebytes logo in your browser.
- Clickbait protection: Blocks content and websites that often display behavior of questionable value.
- Potentially unwanted program (PUP) protection: Blocks the downloading of potentially unwanted programs, including toolbars and pop-ups.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Is the Malwarebytes browser extension safe?
You will be surprised to know that this is one of the safest browser extensions you can actually use on your Windows PC.
So yes, Malwarebytes offers antivirus/anti-malware protection for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Chromebook.
Furthermore, Malwarebytes Browser Guard is also free to download, and you can try Malwarebytes security products free before buying.
In this article you will learn everything there is to know about it, just in case you wanted to add the Malwarebytes browser extension to Chrome.
You can also find the Malwarebytes Browser Guard Firefox, or Malwarebytes Browser Guard Edge, if that is what you are looking for.
Stay safe online with Guard.io
When you connect to something online, your browser is your primary filter. Even whether you download, play a movie, or view a short reel on Instagram, your browser takes all the possible attacks.
So, while installing the Malwarebytes extension is simple and effective, there is another option for adding an extra layer of security. The Guard.io Opera One and Google Chrome extension can check every site, page, and social media platform you visit and prevents any harmful files to install freely on your device.
Here are the perks of installing the Guard.io extension:
- Zero-day protection against suspicious websites
- Push up notification with a non-intrusive message
- Warns you about harmful extensions
- Information leak monitoring
- Blocks hijackers
Guard.io free includes certain real-time functions, such as suspicious sites and harmful extension notifications. As the name implies, it’s your day-by-day browser guardian.
If you choose to use the premium plan with 7 days trial, Guardio will prevent harmful scams and phishing sites, eliminate invasive popups, browser and search hijackers, and clean up and speed up your browser.
Guard.ioPrevention and blocking directly in your browser, and a perfect match for Malwarebytes software.
How do I get Malwarebytes extensions for Chrome?
- Access the Chrome Web Store.
- Search for Malwarebytes and click on the extension.
- Press the Add to Chrome button.
- Click on the extension icon in order to use it.
Should I install the Malwarebytes browser extension?
It’s really up to you, but just keep this in mind. Given the fact that this is actually a browser extension, Malwarebytes Browser Guard could represent a very useful part of your arsenal.
And by that, we were really referring to your defense strategy against all the malware and scams that await us all out there.
That being said, if you aren’t already using some kind of browser add-on to bolster your security when surfing the web, it’ll cost you nothing to try out Browser Guard.
It doesn’t just work on a specific browser, so you can definitely get the Malwarebytes browser extension For Edge.
If, however, you decided to go with Mozilla’s product, know that there is also a Malwarebytes browser extension for Firefox as well.
You know we always recommend Opera One if you are looking to change your browser and yes, you can totally find the Malwarebytes browser extension for Opera One.