Just like any new game, Mass Effect: Andromeda is also affected by a few technical issues. The good news is that BioWare has already published a very useful list of workarounds to help players fix the most frequently encountered Mass Effect: Andromeda bugs.
Fix: Mass Effect Andromeda common issues
1. Black screen on start-up/game only runs as a background process
This is a very common Mass Effect: Andromeda issue. To fix it, try uninstalling the Corsair Utility Engine. Launch the game again and see if the issue is still present. If this is the case, use the other workarounds listed in our dedicated article on how to fix black window issues in Mass Effect: Andromeda.
2. Ryder is stuck and won’t respond to commands
- Switch between Combat and Exploration mode
- Open and close your scanner
- Save the game and restart it.
3. Ryder is stuck in the game and can’t get out
In this situation, simply fast travel to resolve the problem.
4. Low graphics quality
- Alt-Tab away from the game several times
- Turn HDR off and on again.
5. Multiplayer connection issues
- Restart your router to refresh your connection
- Make sure you’ve got an active Xbox Live Gold membership
- Check your Xbox One privacy or online safety settings to make sure they’re not blocking the connection. For more information, check out Microsoft’s support page.
- On PC, disable your proxy or disconnect from your VPN, especially if you get one of the following errors: 10044, 5800, 5801, 5802, 5803, 9001
These are the workarounds currently available for Mass Effect: Andromeda. We’ll update this article as soon as new fixes appear. If you’ve encountered any particular issues and you managed to fix them, feel free to list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Mass Effect: Andromeda microtransactions lets fans shell out up to $100
- Mass Effect: Andromeda could feature DLC outfits
- Mass Effect: Andromeda won’t support squadmate weapon customization