- Backgammon, Spades and Hearts are three of the most popular Microsoft games that came along Windows XP and Windows 7.
- If you don't have too many hours to invest into gaming, quick online games or Microsoft's Internet Games are perfect for loads of fun.
- But if you can't play your favorite Microsoft Internet Games, we got your back. In this guide, we'll explain you why this happens.
- Visit our troubleshooting hub for additional guides that will come in handy when your browser doesn't work properly.
Is Microsoft Internet Games not working? A number of users have reported that for some reason they can’t play games on the Internet while using Internet Explorer.
Users have encountered errors indifferent to the location of the games on the web. The issues with playing games were seen on websites like Facebook, MSN, Yahoo, and others.
Trying to play games using Internet Explorer can lead you to different issues. Here are some of the most common:
- Games not starting.
- Not loading the game data completely.
- You might be disconnected from the website while playing.
- The game freezes randomly.
This issue can become frustrating over time, as you will not be able to play online games comfortably using IE.
The most common reasons for your Microsoft Internet Games not working:
- Missing or outdated add-on.
- Windows not updated to the latest version.
- Not having the latest version of Internet Explorer installed.
For this reason, in this article we will discuss what to do to fix this issue. Please follow the steps carefully to avoid any issues.
What to do if Microsoft Internet Games server is down?
Microsoft Internet Games part of Windows 7 will not be playable starting from the date of 22 January 2020. If you’re reading this article before that date, please follow the next methods to solve the issue.
1. Update your Internet Explorer to the latest version
- Download the latest Internet Explorer version.
- Install it on your PCs hard-drive by following the on-screen instructions.
- Check to see if the issue persists.
2. Try a different browser
Sometimes switching to a different web browser can help. You can use any browser that you want, but if you’re looking for a reliable and safe web browser, we would have to recommend UR Browser.
This browser comes with built-in tracking and phishing protection, and there’s even a built-in VPN for extra protection, so you might want to try it out.
3. Update Silverlight to the latest release
Follow these steps to finish this process:
- Download and install the latest version of Silverlight.
- Enable Silverlight in Internet Explorer by opening the Options menu.
4. Update your Java version
- Download and install the latest Java version.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- After the installation process is completed, restart your browser, and check to see if the issue persists.
5. Update your Adobe Flash driver to the latest version
- Download and install the last released Adobe Flash driver.
- Follow the instructions found on the screen to completely finish the installation process.
6. Enable all the required add-ons inside Internet Explorer
Follow these steps to make sure that your browser is fully configured to play games online:
- Open Internet Explorer -> click the Tools button -> select Internet Options.
- Inside the Programs Tab -> click the Manage add-ons button.
- Click on the Show drop-down selection -> choose Run without permissions.
In today’s article, we explored how to make Microsoft Internet games work on Internet Explorer. In order to do so, we concluded that you need to make sure you have all the updated tools required to do so.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you in any way, by using the comment section found below.
FAQ: Learn more about Microsoft Internet Games
- Are Microsoft’s Internet Games still supported?
Microsoft officially discontinued its Internet Games in January 2020. All the games part of the Microsoft Internet Games package are no longer playable. But you can always download plenty of fun games from the Microsoft Store.
- Is Internet Spades down?
Microsoft discontinued Spades which means the game is no longer playable. The game is no longer available for Windows users.
- How do I download Microsoft games?
Here’s how you can download games from the Microsoft Store:
- Launch the Microsoft Store app and log in to your Microsoft account
- Go to the gaming section and browse the collection of games
- Select the game you want to download and hit the download button.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2019 and has since been updated for freshness and accuracy.