Windows, iOS and Android users will have access to native Microsoft SharePoint app
SharePoint is an important business tool that allows users to share and collaborate on content from any device. Teams and organizations can access team files, calendars, and news feed so that everybody knows what is new withing the company. The only issue with this tool is that it does not offer native support for all platforms. Luckily, Microsoft will soon fix this as the company is preparing to roll out its new SharePoint Mobile app for Windows, iOS and Android this quarter.
SharePoint is used by more than 200,000 companies which translated into more than 190 million users. This tool is one of Microsoft most profitable apps, bringing billions to the company’s treasury. Taken into account Google’s plans to steal 80% of Microsoft’s business clients, the features offered by SharePoint will definitely be a strong argument in Microsoft’s favor.
The first to get the new features are those using SharePoint Online. Some of these new features that are cloud-dependent won’t be rolled out to SharePoint on-premises, therefore there is a little difference in the app content depending on the app type.
Microsoft is targeting three directions of innovation for its new SharePoint:
- Simple and powerful file sharing and collaboration on any device.
- The mobile and intelligent intranet, with modern team sites, publishing and business applications on your desktop and in your pocket.
- An open and connected platform that evolves SharePoint extensibility to embrace modern web development.
- Investments in security, privacy and compliance across Office 365.
The company will gradually roll out updates for Sharepoint, with three major improvements schedules for this quarter:
- Access to SharePoint Online document libraries and Office 365 Group files from the OneDrive mobile app.
- Intelligent discovery of documents from both OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Copy from OneDrive to SharePoint in the OneDrive web experience.
By the end of this year, SharePoint will receive three other important improvements:
- Synchronization of SharePoint Online document libraries with the new OneDrive sync client.
- Mobile access to SharePoint document libraries in on-premises farms.
- Move and copy files between OneDrive and SharePoint in web experiences.
The new Sharepoint will encourage collaboration even more and will allow companies to better manage their teams.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Skype for Business Preview now available for Mac OSX
- Microsoft publishes its Windows 10 Roadmap for business PCs
- Project Madeira preview app for Windows 10 offers new business solutions
- New Windows 10 Business Laptops Unveiled: VAIO S And VAIO Z
USB flash drives (pen drives, flash sticks) almost completely moved disks out of the picture. They are fast, you can write anything you want whenever […]
Using speech instead of typing has more than one advantage. Lots of users strongly prefer dictation and, even though it’s still unbrushed feature, it’s getting […]