Microsoft Office is one of the best-known Office tools, but many users reported Microsoft Office encountered error during setup error. This error will prevent you from installing and running Office on your system, so, in today’s article we’ll show you how to fix it properly.
I had an office 2013 installation before, I uninstalled it for a certain reason, I downloaded another Office 2013 Professional Plus with SP1 from my MSDN Subscription, when I try to install it, during the installation, I get a message saying “Office has encountered an error during setup”
Here is how fix Microsoft Office encountered an error during setup message?
1. Use Task Scheduler
- Click on Cortana search bar in your Windows 10 Taskbar, type in Task Scheduler, and select the top result.
- Click on the Task Scheduler library button to activate the drop-down menu.
- Right-click on the Microsoft folder, and select Delete.
- Re-try installing Microsoft Office.
2. Troubleshoot using Windows Store
- Press Windows key + X, and choose Settings.
- Choose Update & Security from the menu.
- Select Troubleshooting, and then scroll down to the Windows Store Apps, and click on it to run the troubleshooter.
- Restart your PC and retry installing Microsoft Office.
3. Temporarily deactivate antivirus software on your PC
- Locate your antivirus icon in the Taskbar.
- Right-click it and choose the option to disable the antivirus.
- After doing that, try to install Microsoft Office again.
4. Rename the Microsoft Help folder
- Press Windows Key + R keys on your keyboard, and type in %programdata% then press Enter.
- In the folder that opens, search for the folder Microsoft Help, and rename it to Microsoft Help.old.
- Restart your PC.
5. Remove all traces of Microsoft Office from your PC, and re-install it cleanly
- Download the official Microsoft tool for removing Office.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the removal process.
- In order to remove all traces of MS Office from your PC, you will need to press Win + R keys, type regedit and then press Enter.
- Inside the Registry Editor, navigate to the following key and delete it if it exists:
- Retry installing Microsoft Office like you normally would
In this article, we explored some quick methods you want to try out if you get the annoying Office encountered error during setup process error. Be sure to try all of our solutions and let us know which solution worked for you.
Please make sure to let us know if this article solved your problem by using the comment section found below.
- How to repair Office 2013 on Windows 10
- How to Completely Remove Microsoft Office in Windows 10
- How to Rollback to Office 2013 From Office 2016