- Microsoft Sway is indeed part of the Microsoft Office family of products. However, it doesn’t mean that it is error-free.
- When it refuses to work, you may immediately try to take advantage of that handy Microsoft Store app troubleshooter. You may also use the Sway website.
- If you want more personalized social posts and presentations, don’t hesitate to try out Adobe Spark instead.
- We are used to rounding up the most common software issues that you may encounter these days. Just visit our PC Software Hub for more detailed fixes.
Many users reported Microsoft Sway is not working on their PC for some unknown reason.
Here’s how one user described the issue on Microsoft Answers forums:
I am using sway for my university coursework. I am using the web version and It has randomly stopped working and wont let me log into it. It lets me access everything else including my outlook and documents and even powerpoint it is just sway that wont work.
Since this issue is affecting many, today we’re going to show you a few ways to fix it.
Sway isn’t the only software tool that you may use to create and share interactive personal stories and presentations.
With Adobe Spark, there’s no need to spend lots of time either on creating presentations, social graphics, and web pages and they are all professional-looking.
More precisely, it packs three main tools – Post, Page, and Video – represented by colorful buttons that you cannot miss.
Furthermore, you may explore the best looks with countless templates, design filters, layout options, and exclusive fonts.
No less important, it’s incredibly easy to invite others to work on the same projects while managing them all under one account.
What to do if Microsoft Sway isn’t working on my PC?
1. Use Microsoft Store app troubleshooter
If the Microsoft Sway app isn’t working, you might fix it by using the Microsoft Store app troubleshooter.
To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app and go to Update & Security.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left pane. Now select Microsoft Store Apps and click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Once the troubleshooter starts, follow the instructions on the screen.
- After the troubleshooter is finished, check if the problem is still there.
2. Use Sway website instead
In case of Microsoft Sway app isn’t working, you can always use Sway website as a workaround:
- Optional: Log out from OneDrive and close all browsers.
- Open your web browser.
- Go to the Sway’s website.
- Check if the Sway is working for you.
For the best results, we suggest using UR Browser for this purpose. If you’re not familiar, UR Browser is a privacy-oriented web browser and a great alternative to Google Chrome.
The browser has built-in malware, tracking, and privacy protection, and it doesn’t send your data to Google. In addition, it even has its own VPN for an extra layer of security, so you might want to try it out.
3. Try using Sway in Private/Incognito mode
- Open your browser.
- Click the Menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Now choose the New incognito window.
- When the Incognito window opens, try accessing the Sway website.
4. Wait for Microsoft to address the issue
If Microsoft Sway is not working, perhaps the issue is related to Microsoft and the server.
In that case, you’ll just have to contact Microsoft support and wait for them to fix the problem.
There you go, several quick and easy solutions that can help you if Microsoft Sway isn’t working. If you found our article useful, feel free to let us know by leaving a comment below.
FAQ: Learn more about Microsoft Sway
- What can I do with Microsoft Sway?
You can use Microsoft Sway to create and share interactive reports, newsletters, web pages, and not only. This dedicated guide brings you more software options for professional newsletters.
- Is there a desktop version of Sway?
Yes, there is a desktop version of Microsoft Sway for Windows 10 users. Assuming you’re one of them already, just type sway into your Windows search box and select the app from there.
- Is Sway better than PowerPoint?
If you aren’t sure, consider that PowerPoint presentations can be created in slideshow format only. In the meantime, Sway offers three layout options and plenty of ways to add content.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in May 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.