Many users reported Microsoft Sway is not working on their PC for some unknown reason.
Here’s how one user described the issue on Microsoft Answers forums:
I am using sway for my university coursework. I am using the web version and It has randomly stopped working and wont let me log into it. It lets me access everything else including my outlook and documents and even powerpoint it is just sway that wont work.
Since this issue is affecting many, today we’re going to show you a few ways to fix it.
What to do if Microsoft Sway isn’t working on my PC?
1. Use Microsoft Store app troubleshooter
If Microsoft Sway app isn’t working, you might fix it by using Microsoft Store app troubleshooter.
To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app and go to Update & Security.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left pane. Now select Windows Store Apps and click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Once the troubleshooter starts, follow the instructions on the screen.
- After the troubleshooter is finished, check if the problem is still there.
2. Use Sway website instead
In case of Microsoft Sway app isn’t working, you can always use Sway website as a workaround:
- Optional: Log out from OneDrive and close all browsers.
- Open your web browser.
- Go to the Sway’s website.
- Check if the Sway is working for you.
For the best results, we suggest using UR Browser for this purpose. If you’re not familiar, UR Browser is a privacy-oriented web browser and a great alternative to Google Chrome.
The browser has built-in malware, tracking, and privacy protection, and it doesn’t send your data to Google. In addition, it even has its own VPN for extra layer of security, so you might want to try it out.
3. Try using Sway in Private/Incognito mode
- Open your browser.
- Click the Menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Now choose New incognito window.
- When the Incognito window opens, try accessing Sway website.
4. Wait for Microsoft to address the issue
If Microsoft Sway is not working, perhaps the issue is related to Microsoft and server-side.
In that case, you’ll just have to contact Microsoft support and wait for them to fix the problem.
There you go, several quick and easy solutions that can help you if Microsoft Sway isn’t working. If you found our article useful, feel free to let us know by leaving a comment below.
- Fix Microsoft Office Access error in loading DLL with these steps
- Sorry we are having temporary server issues error in Office 365 [FIX]
- Windows 10 deleted Microsoft Office [TECHNICIAN FIX]