- Microsoft Sway not working means you cannot continue your school or work projects.
- If your sway.office.com refused to connect, try using our recommended browser below.
- You should switch to a better presentation program to quickly solve Sway not working.
- Lastly, if the Microsoft Sway app is not working, users recommend using the Sway website instead.
Many users reported Microsoft Sway is not working on their PC for some unknown reason.
Here’s how one user described the issue on Microsoft Answers forums:
I am using sway for my university coursework. I am using the web version and It has randomly stopped working and wont let me log into it. It lets me access everything else including my outlook and documents and even powerpoint it is just sway that wont work.
Since this issue is affecting many, today we’re going to show you a few ways to fix it.
What to do if Microsoft Sway isn’t working on my PC?
1. Switch to another third-party program
Sway isn’t the only software tool that you may use to create and share interactive personal stories and presentations.
With Adobe Spark, there’s no need to spend lots of time either on creating presentations, social graphics, and web pages and they are all professional-looking.
More precisely, it packs three main tools – Post, Page, and Video – represented by colorful buttons that you cannot miss.
Furthermore, you may explore the best looks with countless templates, design filters, layout options, and exclusive fonts.
No less important, it’s incredibly easy to invite others to work on the same projects while managing them all under one account.
Adobe SparkCreate and share interactive stories or hold presentations for your work or college with Adobe Spark!
2. Use the Microsoft Store app troubleshooter
To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app and go to Update & Security.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
- Now select Microsoft Store Apps and click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Once the troubleshooter starts, follow the instructions on the screen.
- After the troubleshooter is finished, check if the problem is still there.
If the Microsoft Sway app isn’t working, you might fix it by using the Microsoft Store app troubleshooter.
3. Use the Sway website instead
In case of Microsoft Sway app isn’t working, you can always use Sway website as a workaround:
- Optional: Log out from OneDrive and close all browsers.
- Open your web browser.
- Go to the Sway website.
- Check if the Sway is working for you.
For the best results, we suggest using UR Browser for this purpose. If you’re not familiar, Opera browser is a privacy-oriented web browser and a great alternative to Google Chrome.
The browser has built-in malware, tracking, and privacy protection, and it doesn’t send your data to Google. In addition, it even has its own VPN for an extra layer of security, so you might want to try it out.
4. Try using Sway in Private/Incognito mode
- Open your browser.
- Click the Menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Now choose the New incognito window.
- After the Incognito window opens, try accessing the Sway website.
- If this still doesn’t solve your problem, check our other solution below.
Note: The interface will be different depending on which browser you’re using, however, they should all look very similar to the picture above. We’ve used Google Chrome as an example.
5. Wait for Microsoft to address the issue
If Microsoft Sway is not working, perhaps the issue is related to Microsoft and their server, and not your PC.
In that case, you’ll just have to contact Microsoft support and explain your problem. If the problem actually comes from their side, wait for them to fix it.
Make sure you get in contact with the Microsoft support team and they will guide you through everything you need to know and do to solve the issue, or inform you regarding their problem.
There you go, several quick and easy solutions that can help you if Microsoft Sway isn’t working. If you found our article useful, feel free to let us know by leaving a comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use Microsoft Sway to create and share interactive reports, newsletters, web pages, and not only. This detailed guide about the best newsletter software brings you more software options for professional newsletters.
Fortunately, you can. Take a look at this thorough article dedicated to the new features added to Sway if you want to learn more about these cool updates.
Why don’t you decide for yourself after you read our quick article dedicated to Microsoft Powerpoint where you’ll find all its features and details about the app.