- Minecraft is a great game, and it’s available on all platforms, both desktop, and mobile.
- Today we’ll show you the best web browsers to play Minecraft Classic.
- Are you an avid gamer? Check out our Gaming Hub for more useful recommendations.
- If you want to learn more about web browsers, visit our Browsers section for similar guides.
Minecraft is one of the most popular games of the last decade and rightfully so. The game has sold millions of copies and it’s available on all major platforms.
But did you know that you can play Minecraft in your browser, for free? That’s right, Minecraft Classic is available to play online, and you can access it simply by visiting its website.
However, for best performance and experience, you’ll need to have a proper browser, so today we’ll show you the best browsers for playing Minecraft.
What are the best browsers for playing Minecraft?
If you want to play Minecraft in your browser, Opera GX is the right browser for the job.
The browser has an integrated GX Control feature that allows it to allocate your PC’s resources evenly. By doing so, processes are running smoothly alongside even the more heavy-resource games.
The browser also has a built-in messenger and Discord integration allowing you to easily contact your friends or communicate while gaming.
Twitch integration is available as well, so you can follow your favorite streamers anywhere.
Thanks to a built-in ad blocker, you won’t see any ads, and the website loading speed is optimal because tracking scripts are blocked.
We also have to mention that Opera has a built-in VPN for an extra layer of security if needed. The VPN is completely free and it comes with unlimited bandwidth.
Notable Opera GX features:
- Light on resources
- Support for Chrome extensions
- Built-in adblocker and instant messenger
- Resource allocation with GX Control feature
- Twitch integration
- Built-in VPN with unlimited bandwidth
Opera GXTry Opera GX today to benefit from all the exclusive gaming features and take your Minecraft experience to the next level.
Another browser that should be able to handle Minecraft is Firefox. The browser is light when it comes to system resources, so it’s great for both multimedia and gaming.
Regarding privacy, there’s a built-in Enhanced Tracking Protection feature that will block tracking cookies and ads.
As for other features, Firefox offers a customizable user interface allowing you to easily remove elements that you don’t need.
There’s also a password manager you can access with a dedicated extension.
Notable Firefox features:
- Built-in tracking protection
- Available on all major desktop and mobile platforms
- Support for extensions
- Built-in password manager
Probably one of the most popular browsers on the list is Google Chrome. This application is optimized for multitasking, so it should work easily with multiple tabs.
As for security, Chrome comes with a built-in password manager.
Of course, the developers release frequent security updates, so you won’t have to worry about your security online. But it’s also recommended that you use third-party anti-malware software.
We also have to mention that Chrome has a built-in ad blocker, that will keep all ads at bay.
Notable Chrome features:
- Thousands of available extensions
- Search suggestions from Google
- Built-in adblocker
- Translate feature
- Availability on all major platforms, desktop, and mobile alike
Another browser that is great for gaming and Minecraft is Microsoft Edge. This browser was revamped and now it runs on Chromium engine, and it has an improved user interface.
This version of Edge comes with better tracking protection, and it allows you to block websites from tracking you.
In addition, thanks to the Microsoft Defender SmartScreen you’ll be protected from malicious websites and files.
Notable Edge features:
- Built on Chromium engine, has support for Chrome extensions
- 4K Netflix playback support
- Improved tracking and malware protection
- Better performance and faster browsing speed
- Immersive Reader mode
Another browser that can handle gaming is Vivaldi. This browser is privacy-focused, so it won’t track you or sell your data to third parties.
The browser is highly customizable, and it allows you to modify the user interface with ease.
Vivaldi offers advanced tab management with Tab Stacks, and with the Hibernate feature, you can temporarily disable certain tabs in order to save your resources.
Notable Vivaldi features:
- Quick Commands feature that lets you search the Web and open tabs
- Advanced tab management
- Highly customizable user interface
- Keyboard and mouse shortcuts
There you go, these are the best browsers to use to play Minecraft. What is your browser of choice? Let us know in the comments below.
FAQ: Learn more about Minecraft
- How can I play Minecraft online for free?
You can play Minecraft Classic online for free simply by visiting the Minecraft Classic website.
- Can you play Minecraft without downloading it?
Yes, you can play Minecraft Classic without downloading, right from your web browser.
- How do you play multiplayer on Minecraft browser?
To play Minecraft Classic in multiplayer mode, just share the link to your world with your friends. Alternatively, make a server for your friends.
- Is there a free version of Minecraft?
No, there’s no free version of Minecraft available. Minecraft Classic is available for free, but that version has very limited features.