- The msvcp140.dll error can cause the associated programs to fail to work properly if not solved quickly.
- Using specialized software to restore the missing dll file could solve the msvcp140.dll error in no time.
- Another quick way of solving the msvcp140.dll error is by updating Windows drivers.
- Make sure to also reinstall the application that is failing to respond since this will also reinstall the correct dll file.
Malfunction of the msvcp140.dll file can cause a lot of issues with the associated programs, meaning that they will not run properly.
Users report getting the msvcp140.dll is a missing error when trying to open a specific program.
What is msvcp140.dll?
The msvcp140.dll is an essential file for the operating system, responsible for the proper running C++ applications built using Visual Studio 2015.
Users report that when trying to start the PUBG game on their PC they received the error message Pubg msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on windows.
However though, this error can be easily fixed by following the steps indicated in this guide.
Other message error regarding the msvcp140.dll can vary:
The program can’t start because msvcp140.dll is missing.
The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Cannot find msvcp140.dll
We will explore in this article the easiest ways to solve the msvcp140.dll error, so make sure to keep on reading.
How can I fix the msvcp140.dll errors?
1. Use a specialized software
Restoring the msvcp140.dll file is one of the first thing to try since the associated error can be cause due to the file missing.
It’s important to ensure that the msvcp140.dll is restored properly which is why using a specialized software.
Restoro is a reliable third-party DLL fixer which uses a built-in automated system and an online library full of functional DLLs to replace and repair any files that might be corrupted or damaged on your PC.
All you need to do to resolve your PC’s problems is to launch it, and simply follow the on-screen instructions to start the process, as everything else is covered by the software’s automated processes.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for it to scan your PC for any stability issues and possible malware.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
After this process is completed your PC will be as good as new, and you will no longer have to deal with BSoD errors, slow response times, or other similar issues.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Re-Install the application
In the process of reinstalling the application, the missing dll file is also in the installation package.
What this means is that once your reinstall the associated software, the dll file will be automatically installed as well.
This should do the trick and make the program run smoothly again.
3. Update Windows drivers
- Go to the taskbar and type in Device Manager.
- Press Enter and right-click on the device that needs an update.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Choose Update driver.
It’s important to be really careful when updating the drivers and ensure you are select the correct ones.
Using specialized software is usually indicated since it avoids any of the manual errors. For that, we recommend a driver updater software that will find the right driver versions automatically for you.
3. Launch System File Checker
- Type in Command Prompt in the taskbar box and right-click on the result.
- Select Run as administrator and type in
sfc / scannow
- Press enter and wait for the scan process to complete.
Recover the corrupt files, following these steps:
- Press the Windows key and choose Settings,
- Select the Update & Security option.
- Click on Recovery and go to Advanced startup
- Now, click on the Restart Now option.
- Close Command Prompt and restart the computer.
4. Use System Restore
- Launch Run pressing Windows key + R, and type in rstrui.
- Next, click OK and select Choose a different restore point.
- Click Next and check the box from Select more restore points for the list with dates.
- Choose a date to restore Windows 10, one before the dll error appeared.
- Finally, click Next and then Finish.
We hope that the above solutions have helped you successfully solve the msvcp140.dll error message.
Please share with us in the comments section below if you have additional recommendations or suggestions.