- A limited network speed can result in a Netflix error code tvq-st-131 when trying to open the app.
- If your Netflix app is not working, be sure to first check any network speed limitations.
- Restarting your home network device could easily fix the Netflix error code tvq-st-13.
- Improving your Wi-fi signal is yet another quick and easy way to ensure the Netflix app runs without error.
As one of the most popular apps for streaming movies, Netflix has gained a lot of enthusiastic users since it has been launched.
But, unfortunately, as with many other popular apps, Netflix is not without problems or errors.
Whenever users are trying to connect to the Netflix app they get the error code tvq-st-131, without even passing through the initial login page.
In this article, we will explorewhat are some steps you can make in order to solve this error code when trying to play Netflix.
How can I fix the Netflix error code tvq-st-131?
1. Check your network
Because many types of networks can have limited speed available and can be slow, especially if many people are using them, it’s important to make this verification.
In case you are using a phone device to connect to the Internet, or a satellite Internet connection, try using a different network and see if this solves the problem.
Otherwise, if you are using a public Wi-Fi at your hotel or a public place, make sure to check that Netflix is allowed there. It is not uncommon for this networks to block streaming video on purpose.
2. Restart your home network
- Turn off your device.
- Next, unplug both the modem and the router. Make sure to wait 30 seconds.
- Plug in your modem and check for the indicator lights to start blinking.
- Reconnect your router, and proceed as above.
- Connect your device again and try playing Netflix.
3. Improve your Wi-Fi signal
It is suggested to make sure that your router is placed in a new location in order to try and improve signal strength. Usually, when the router is placed in a central location, there is a better reception.
Moreover, make sure that your router is placed to a considerable distance from cordless phones or microwaves since wireless interference from these devices can create issues when trying to connect over Wi-Fi.
It’s also indicated to place your Wi-Fi elevated from the floor. If you will place it on top of a bookshelf or a desk, you will probably see some improved reception.
4. Restore your default connection settings
In case you’ve made some custom settings on your streaming service, restoring your internet’s provider default setting is recommended.
If you are connected using a VPN then make sure to disable it and connect directly with your home internet. Likewise, if you have changed the DNS settings make sure to reset the device.
Once you checked all the above, try and open Netlfix again and check if the error is still there.
We hope that one of our solutions helped you fix the error code tvq-st-131 and that your Netflix app is working perfectly now.
If you have additional suggestions or recommendations, make sure to leave us a message in the comments section below.