- Discord is probably the most popular VOIP program known to gamers.
- You can use it to form groups and channels, and some games even come with their own Discord servers.
- For more troubleshooting guides like the one below, check out our dedicated Discord Fix hub.
- Gamers should also take their time and visit our Gaming page for more fun articles.
A lot of players utilize Discord’s voice chat for gaming. However, a No Route Discord error can arise when some players try to connect with a voice channel. Consequently, players can’t utilize the voice chat in Discord when it displays the No Route error.
These are some potential resolutions for the No Route Discord error.
How do I fix the No Route Discord error?
1. Restart the router
First, try restarting your PC and router. To restart the router, unplug it. Wait for a few minutes, and then plug the router back in.
2. Uninstall antivirus software
- The No Route error can be due third-party antivirus software blocking Discord’s outgoing connections.
- To uninstall antivirus software, open Run by pressing the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Input appwiz.cpl in the Open box. Then click OK to open the Programs and Features applet.
- Select your listed antivirus software, and click the Uninstall option.
- Click Yes on any confirmation prompt that opens.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling the antivirus software.
3. Check the firewall settings for Discord
- Check that Discord is among Windows Defender Firewall’s permitted apps.
- Click the Type here to search button to open the search utility in Windows 10.
- Type firewall in the search utility.
- Click Windows Defender Firewall to open that Control Panel applet.
- Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall to open the allowed app option shown directly below.
- Click the Change settings option.
- Then select all the check boxes for Discord if they’re not selected.
- Press the OK button.
4. Disable VPN software
- The No Route error can arise when users are utilizing VPN software that don’t utilize the User Datagram Protocol.
- To disable the VPN software, enter network in Windows 10’s search box.
- Click View network connections to open the Control Panel applet shown directly below.
- Right-click your VPN there and select Disable.
- Then try connecting to a voice channel in Discord with the VPN disabled.
5. Turn off the Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority setting
- Turning off Discord’s Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority option might fix the No Route error for some users.
- Open the Discord software.
- Click the gear button at the bottom left of Discord to open further options.
- Click Voice & Video under App Settings.
- Then toggle the Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority option off.
- Restart Discord after turning off the Enable Quality of Service setting.
6. Flush the DNS
- Flushing the DNS with a series of Command Prompt commands is another potential fix for the No Route error.
- Open Windows’ search box.
- Type cmd in the search utility to find Command Prompt.
- Right-click the Command Prompt app to select Run as administrator, which will open an elevated Prompt.
- First, input ipconfig /release in the Command Prompt; and press the Return key.
- Next, enter ipconfig /flushdns and press Return.
- Then type ipconfig /renew in the Prompt, and don’t forget to press Enter.
- Restart Windows after flushing the DNS.
Those resolutions are among the more widely confirmed fixes for the Discord’s No Route error. Users who have fixed the same issue with different resolutions are more than welcome to share them below.
FAQ: Learn more about Discord router settings
- How do I block discord on my router?
Log into your router as an administrator > Parental Controls > Block Specified Sites > add Discord > Save your changes.
- Can router issues cause problems with Discord?
Yes, Discord requires a proper Internet connection to run, so router issues will affect it. Any connectivity issues can lead to problems such as sound drop-outs.
- How can I Discord to its full potential?
While any browser can run Discord, only a handful of browsers are optimized to offer the best Discord experience.