Sometimes while browsing you might encounter You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action error. But worry not, we have a few solutions for you, so let’s begin.
How to fix resource or parent privilege issues
1. Clear your memory cache
- From your Start Menu, look for Disk Cleanup and open it.
- Select the drive you wish to have cleaned up, and select OK.
- Under the Files to delete section, select the files you wish to remove.
- Select OK.
2. Try a different browser
Sometimes your browser might be the problem, and if that’s the case, you might want to switch to a new browser. UR Browser is a Chromium-based browser that focuses on security and privacy of its users.
The browser will inform you about any suspicious downloads or websites, and since it blocks tracking cookies, you should be able to access any website without problems.
3. Clear your browser data
- From your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Click More tools then click Clear browsing data.
- Select a time range. All time is usually is the best choice.
- Select the type of information you want to remove.
- Click Clear data.
- You’re all set.
4. Register your DNS
- Type cmd in your Start Menu, in order to open Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig /registerdns, and then press Enter.
- After the operation has been completed, type in exit in Command Prompt, and then restart your machine.
5. Update drivers
- Open Device Manager.
- Now expand the category with the hardware you want to update.
- Right-click the device, and select Update Driver.
- Click the Search automatically for updated driver software.
6. Reinstall your VPN software
- Open Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
- Locate your VPN software and double-click it to remove it.
- Now install your VPN again.
If you’re having problems with your VPN, and you’re looking for a fast and reliable VPN, perhaps you should try out CyberGhost VPN.
There you go, several solutions that should help you fix You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action error on your PC.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Why is my computer jumping to other websites? Here’s the answer
- This website might not be trusted by your browser [SAFE FIX]
- Chrome won’t let websites know you’re using incognito browsing