- Browsing the Internet is extremely enjoyable, except for when you encounter error messages.
- For example, users reported seeing an error stating that they lack sufficient privileges for a resource or its parent.
- To learn more about how to fix browsers, check out our Browser Errors Hub.
- To know more about surfing the Internet, visit our Browsers page instead.
Sometimes while browsing you might encounter You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action error. But worry not, we have a few solutions for you, so let’s begin.
How do I fix resource or parent privilege issues
1. Try a different browser
Sometimes your browser might be the problem, and if that’s the case, you might want to switch to a new browser. Opera is a Chromium-based browser that focuses on the security and privacy of its users.
The browser will inform you about any suspicious downloads or websites, and since it blocks tracking cookies, you should be able to access any website without problems.
It is extremely lightweight, can be greatly customized visually, and comes with optimizations for viewing streamed content and watching videos on YouTube.
OperaBrowse the Internet without worrying about compatibility or permission issues iwth this lightweight and extremely effective tool.
2. Reinstall your VPN software
- Open Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
- Locate your VPN software and double-click it to remove it.
- Now install your VPN again.
If you’re having problems with your VPN, and you’re looking for a fast and reliable VPN, perhaps you should try out Private Internet Access.
Developed by Kape Technologies, this tool comes with everything you may ever need to browse the Internet safely, including over 2600 servers in 47 countries, encrypted WiFi, P2P support, support for up to 10 devices, and more.
Private Internet Access
Browse the Internet in a more secure manner with this amazing VPN, now at a discount price for a limited time only!
3. Clear your memory cache
- From your Start Menu, look for Disk Cleanup and open it.
- Select the drive you wish to have cleaned up, and select OK.
- Under the Files to delete section, select the files you wish to remove.
- Select OK.
4. Clear your browser data
- From your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Click More tools then click Clear browsing data.
- Select a time range. All time is usually is the best choice.
- Select the type of information you want to remove.
- Click Clear data.
- You’re all set.
5. Register your DNS
- Type cmd in your Start Menu, in order to open Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig /registerdns, and then press Enter.
- After the operation has been completed, type in exit in Command Prompt, and then restart your machine.
6. Update drivers
- Open Device Manager.
- Now expand the category with the hardware you want to update.
- Right-click the device, and select Update Driver.
- Click the Search automatically for updated driver software.
There you go, several solutions that should help you fix You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action error on your PC.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.