- Want to open Apple files on your PC? One solution could be changing the document extension.
- In order to make changes to that document, you may need to convert it to a different format.
- Using a dedicated tool from Adobe is another easy way to open Apple files on a PC.
- Make sure you also have an archive app on your device for this type of action. See in this guide how it's done.
When it comes to operating systems, some people prefer using Windows while others lean more toward Apple‘s OS.
The part that raises problems for users is that Mac and Windows users often need to collaborate. Unfortunately, Apple .pages files do not work on Windows PCs.
If you’re struggling with the same problem, in this article we’ll show you how to open Apple files on your Windows 10 PC.
How can I open Apple files in Windows 10?
1. Change the extension to .zip
- Enable extensions by accessing the View tab then check the File name extensions checkbox.
- After changing the extension to .zip, open it with an archive opening application
- Open the .jpg files and now you are able to see the content of the .pages file.
If you want to know more about how to open MAC files on Windows 10, then this is another efficient solution.
In order to modify the file, you need to use a converter and change the .pages file into a .docx and insert the newly converted file into Microsoft Word.
To use an Apple file or a .pages file, all you have to do is copy it on your Windows computer or laptop and if you want to remove it from your USB key, generate a copy in case anything goes wrong.
Now that you have the .pages file on your PC, you can just change the extension of the file into a .zip extension.
2. Use Adobe Reader
There are a number of online tools available that can make the document conversion. The best way would be to visit icloud.com and create and log in with an Apple ID. Select the Pages icon from the main screen.
Take your Apple file and convert it into a PDF format. Then use the best pdf viewer, Adobe Reader, to open the newly converted file and read the contents.
On the top bar, select the Upload icon and choose the file from your computer. Repeat this process for all the documents you want to view. This is a rather simple way to open Apple files on your PC.
In the top bar again, look for the settings icon and select Download a Copy. You will be presented with a couple of options. Choose PDF and a PDF file will be downloaded to your computer now.
In regard to methods on how to open apple files on Windows 10, we’ve just presented you with a tested solution, and we also recommend you to have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed.
These are the most common options you have when you want to open Apple files on Windows PCs.
Whether you choose to use Adobe Reader or you want to apply a different method, we hope that you get the job done as fast and easily as possible.
If you have any other solutions, please don’t hesitate to list them in the comments section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.