- ZIPX is a file format created by WinZip that features the highest compression rate available.
- In this article, we will be showcasing how you can open ZIPX files.
- To read more about this interesting file format, have a look at our dedicated ZIPX Hub.
- If you need help with other lesser-known file formats, check out our File Opener page.
Those of you that work frequently with archive files such as RAR or ZIP have certainly stumbled at one point or another on a ZIPX file.
For those of you that don’t know, ZIPX files are a proprietary file format created using advanced compression methods developed by WinZip.
In simple terms, ZIPX files are the zip types with the highest compression rates currently available without the data suffering any quality loss.
Given how promising it is to use ZIPX files on a daily basis, we’ve decided to create this step-by-step guide to show you exactly what needs to be done if you want to open a ZIPX file.
How do I open ZIPX files in Windows 10?
Since the file format was originally developed by WinZip, it goes without saying that they are the go-to solution in this case at hand.
Of course, this isn’t the only reason why WinZip is a top choice since this tool is, for all intents and purposes, the best archiving and unzipping tool available on the market today.
Besides the fact that it can unzip all major file formats, it can zip them back in even better compression formats to reduce email attachment size.
Not only that, but your compressed files can also be protected using banking-level encryption, so your data is not only compact but private as well.
Lastly, your data will now be more readily available for others to use, thanks to the product’s ability to access and manage files on your PC, network, and clouds, as well as its ability to connect to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive.
Here are some of the perks of using WinZip:
- Best compression among archiving tools
- Better management of files
- Makes it easy to share your files via the cloud or social media
- Can be used to convert files or watermark PDF or images
- Ensures data privacy via banking-level encryption
Extract ZIPX files in a fast and efficient manner with the help of this amazing tool, now available at a discount price.
How do I use WinZip to open ZIPX files?
- Right-click the ZIPX file
- Move your cursor over WinZip in the context menu
- Select one of the available options depending on what you want to do with the ZIPX file
All these methods are simple to use, and we chose WinZip as our pick due to its popularity and the number of features that it supports.
Since the ZIPX file format is recently introduced by WinZip, there are but a few utilities that support it. However, we hope that you now understand what ZIPX file format is and how to work with it.
If you want us to write many more useful tutorials like this one, let us know by leaving us a message in the comments section below.
The steps mentioned above, as well as the software tool recommended, can also be used if you’re interested in the following:
- ZIPX file opener – WinZip is the best tool that you can use to open ZIPX files since WinZip is the one that created the ZIPX format.
- Software to open ZIPX files – WinZip is a dedicated archive and unzip tool that can also handle ZIPX files.