Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Being a popular browser, when any issues occurs in Opera, it affects millions across the globe.
- Opera users have been complaining about an issue for quite sometime, where even though Opera is opened, it is not visible.
- Thankfully, this guide lists down 3 effective solutions that has helped users fix the problem.
If you are facing issues where the Opera browser is open but not visible, and you are looking for solutions, then you have landed in the right place.
Opera is a great browser and it comes with features that most popular browsers, including Google Chrome, do not offer.
For instance, you get an in-built VPN, a sidebar to access Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., an adblocker, various customization options, and much more.
All these features make Opera a great package. However, being software, there are several issues that Opera users come across from time to time.
Thankfully, this guide lists down some of the effective solutions that will help you resolve the Opera browser open but not visible issue. Let us check them out.
Why can’t I see my Opera browser?
You will come across multiple issues with your web browser without any reason. They could be triggered either because of a glitch or an existing issue in the version of the browser.
There are chances that because of your input, the browser is throwing errors. We’ve compiled a list of possible causes for the Opera browser to open but not display after conducting research and reviewing user feedback:
- You have moved the Opera browser off the screen
- Your graphics card isn’t supporting the browser
- Because of problematic installation
- Presence of problematic plugins
- Outdated version of Opera
How do I know if Opera is running?
If you have opened the Opera browser but do not see it working on your PC, then you can use the Windows Task Manager to check if the browser is running or not.
To open Task Manager, you need to press the Ctrl + Alt + Del buttons together and select Task Manager from the list of options that appear.
Alternatively, you can right-click on the Start menu icon, and select Task Manager from the list. Now, in the Task Manager, check if there is an instance of Opera running or not. If yes, then you know it.
Always make sure you get your software from an official source. If Opera is giving you a hard time, it’s possible you installed an older version or got it from a suspicious website.
The browser gets frequent updates and is optimized for performance, so if you get it from an official source, you’ll experience fewer problems.
OperaGet the best browsing experience with customized workspaces, social media integrations, and more!
What can I do if my Opera browser is open but not visible?
1. Use Windows shortcuts
- Close Opera browser.
- Re-open Opera and make sure nothing else is open.
- Press Alt + Space buttons.
- Select Full screen or Maximize, from the menu that appears floating somewhere on your screen.
You can also try pressing Win + D buttons multiple times to get to the Windows you are looking for to reappear. Sometimes, some instances get stuck, and pressing the mentioned keyboard shortcut has helped several users fix the problem.
2. Install the latest version
- Open Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features options.
- Click on Opera from the list of apps.
- Hit the Uninstall button at the top.
- Once Opera is successfully uninstalled, restart your PC to remove all remaining files.
- Head to the official website.
- Download the latest version of Opera browser.
- Install it and do not interrupt the process and check if this fixes the issue or not.
3. Re-enable graphic drivers
- Right-click on the Start menu icon.
- Select Device Manager.
- Expand Display drives.
- Select your graphics card and right-click on it.
- Choose Disable device option.
- Now again right-click on your graphics card and select Enable device.
- You can perform the same steps for your integrated graphics card and check if this fixes the issue or not.
Why is my Opera browser not opening?
Multiple reasons could be behind the Opera browser not opening. We have created a list that contains some of the most common reasons for this issue.
- Your browser is not up to date
- Your antivirus software is conflicting with Opera
- There is a virus or malware
- You are running an incompatible version of the Opera browser
- Extensions are causing issues
- Some system settings have been mis-tweaked
- Corrupted Opera browser installation
There you have it. We hope that the above solutions helped you fix the Opera browser open but not visible issue on your PC.
Let us know in the comments below which solution solved the problem for you or if you applied a different method to resolve the issue.